Contact Information | Committees | Sponsored Bills | Bill Cosponsorship Partners | District 119 in Context | Campaign Finance Profile | In The News
- Party: Republican
- House District: 119
- Mailing Address: 33 Applebee Hill Road, Guilford ME 4443
- Phone: (207) 876-3242
- E-mail: Paul.Stearns@legislature.maine.gov
- Rep. Stearns’s campaign finance report
Committees of which Rep. Stearns is a member:
- LD 338: An Act To Reduce Remedial Course Requirements at Maine Community Colleges
- LD 582: An Act To Establish a State Educational Medicaid Officer
- LD 1266: An Act To Expand and Improve State-approved School Construction Projects
Bill Cosponsorship Partners
Every legislator works more often with some colleagues than with others. The following are the ten fellow legislators with whom Rep. Stearns has cosponsored legislation most often in the 127th Legislature:
- Rep. Michael McClellan: 11 bills cosponsored with Rep. Stearns.
- Rep. Norman Higgins: 9 bills cosponsored with Rep. Stearns.
- Rep. Matthew Pouliot: 9 bills cosponsored with Rep. Stearns.
- Rep. Brian Hubbell: 8 bills cosponsored with Rep. Stearns.
- Rep. Joyce Maker: 8 bills cosponsored with Rep. Stearns.
- Sen. Paul Davis: 6 bills cosponsored with Rep. Stearns.
- Sen. Brian Langley: 5 bills cosponsored with Rep. Stearns.
- Rep. Richard Farnsworth: 5 bills cosponsored with Rep. Stearns.
- Sen. Peter Edgecomb: 5 bills cosponsored with Rep. Stearns.
- Sen. Nathan Libby: 4 bills cosponsored with Rep. Stearns.
District 119 in Context
Understanding the political actions of Representative Stearns in full context requires some information about the district he represents. The charts and graphs you see below draw from the 2009-2013 cycle of the American Community Survey, an ongoing project of the U.S. Census Bureau. Graphs describe details about both the kinds of community to be found in a legislative district and the experiences of people who live there.
To find more information about the county, town, congressional district or state legislative district in which you live, you may access the American Community Survey through the Census Bureau’s American FactFinder web page.
Travel Time to Work in House District 119:
Percent of District 119 Residents who are Veterans of the U.S. Military:
Educational Attainment of the Residents of House District 119:
Dependency Ratio in District 119:
Dependency ratio is a demographic term that refers to the number of people who are not of typical working age (0-14 or 65+ years old) for every 100 people who are of typical working age.
Sex Ratio: Number of Males per 100 Females in House District 119:
Campaign Finance Data for Rep. Stearns in the 2014 Election Cycle
(as categorized by the Maine Ethics Commission):
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Stearns: Inside or Outside his District?
Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act funds.)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Stearns: Inside or Outside the State of Maine?
(Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act Funds)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Stearns: What Kind of Contributor?
Incorporated Groups (Businesses, Non-Profit Organizations, Political Action Committees, Party Committees, and other unregistered political groups) directly contributing to Rep. Stearns in the 2013-2014 election cycle: None
In The News…
Recent news stories featuring Representative Stearns:
- Portland Press Herald: Panel rejects plan to have state education officials write drug prevention policy for schools
- Portland Press Herald: Maine legislative panel approves letting students’ caregivers administer medical marijuana
- Portland Press Herald: List of bills awaiting action by Gov. Paul LePage
This information was last updated on 2016-05-07.
The Open Maine Politics website is in a beta release and results should be checked against current data at the the official website of the Maine State Legislature.