Contact Information | Committees | Sponsored Bills | Bill Cosponsorship Partners | District 130 in Context | Campaign Finance Profile | In The News
- Party: Republican
- House District: 130
- Mailing Address: 321 River Road, Orrington ME 4474
- Phone: (207) 745-7748
- E-mail: Richard.Campbell@legislature.maine.gov
- Rep. Campbell’s campaign finance report
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dick.campbell.378
Committees of which Rep. Campbell is a member:
- Environment and Natural Resources Committee
- Labor, Commerce, Research and Economic Development Committee
- Government Oversight Committee
- LD 152: An Act To Encourage Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation To Be Taught in High School
- LD 153: An Act To Amend Setback Requirements and Standards Related to Species Migration under the Laws Regulating Development near Vernal Pools
- LD 273: An Act To Encourage and Enhance the Future of Waste-to-energy Facilities by Establishing a Portfolio Requirement for Electricity from Waste Energy Resources
- LD 283: An Act To Require Proof of Insurance for Motor Vehicle Inspection
- LD 313: An Act To Create a Sustainable Solution to the Handling, Management and Disposal of Solid Waste in the State
- LD 337: An Act To Require Lienholders To Remove Liens Once Satisfied
- LD 458: An Act To Implement a Motor Vehicle Violation Electronic Citation Program
- LD 547: An Act Regarding Service Dogs
- LD 550: An Act To Adjust the Calculation of Municipal Education Contributions for Communities Faced with Sudden and Severe Property Tax Valuation Reductions
- LD 551: An Act To Provide Incentives for Implementation of Municipal Comprehensive Plans To Prevent Sprawl
- LD 877: Resolve, To Study the Fort Norumbega Site in Bucksport
- LD 884: An Act To Amend Laws Concerning Water Quality Standards
- LD 945: An Act To Manage Electricity Rates To Lower Consumer Electricity Bills and Increase Utilities’ Cash Flow through 3rd-party Management of Smart Meters
- LD 1068: An Act To Allow Certain Active Duty Military Personnel To Pay the Resident Application Fee for a Concealed Handgun Permit
- LD 1255: An Act To Improve Rural Utility Service through the Use of Microgrids
- LD 1372: An Act To Encourage the Redevelopment of Upper Floors of Buildings in Downtowns and on Main Streets
- LD 1608: An Act To Allow the Placement of Road Signs Advertising Events That Benefit Certain Organizations and Allow Free Admission to Military Personnel
Bill Cosponsorship Partners
Every legislator works more often with some colleagues than with others. The following are the ten fellow legislators with whom Rep. Campbell has cosponsored legislation most often in the 127th Legislature:
- Rep. Denise Harlow: 28 bills cosponsored with Rep. Campbell.
- Sen. Thomas Saviello: 24 bills cosponsored with Rep. Campbell.
- Rep. Robert Duchesne: 23 bills cosponsored with Rep. Campbell.
- Sen. James Dill: 15 bills cosponsored with Rep. Campbell.
- Rep. William Tuell: 13 bills cosponsored with Rep. Campbell.
- Rep. Joan Welsh: 13 bills cosponsored with Rep. Campbell.
- Rep. Arthur Verow: 12 bills cosponsored with Rep. Campbell.
- Rep. Stephen Stanley: 12 bills cosponsored with Rep. Campbell.
- Rep. Stanley Short: 11 bills cosponsored with Rep. Campbell.
- Sen. David Burns: 10 bills cosponsored with Rep. Campbell.
District 130 in Context
Understanding the political actions of Representative Campbell in full context requires some information about the district he represents. The charts and graphs you see below draw from the 2009-2013 cycle of the American Community Survey, an ongoing project of the U.S. Census Bureau. Graphs describe details about both the kinds of community to be found in a legislative district and the experiences of people who live there.
To find more information about the county, town, congressional district or state legislative district in which you live, you may access the American Community Survey through the Census Bureau’s American FactFinder web page.
Travel Time to Work in House District 130:
Percent of District 130 Residents who are Veterans of the U.S. Military:
Educational Attainment of the Residents of House District 130:
Dependency Ratio in District 130:
Dependency ratio is a demographic term that refers to the number of people who are not of typical working age (0-14 or 65+ years old) for every 100 people who are of typical working age.
Sex Ratio: Number of Males per 100 Females in House District 130:
Campaign Finance Data for Rep. Campbell in the 2014 Election Cycle
(as categorized by the Maine Ethics Commission):
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Campbell: Inside or Outside his District?
Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act funds.)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Campbell: Inside or Outside the State of Maine?
(Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act Funds)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Campbell: What Kind of Contributor?
Incorporated Groups (Businesses, Non-Profit Organizations, Political Action Committees, Party Committees, and other unregistered political groups) directly contributing to Rep. Campbell in the 2013-2014 election cycle:
- ASSOCIATED BUILDERS AND CONTRACTORS OF MAINE PAC
- Casella Waste Systems
- Cianbro Corporation
- DOYLE & NELSON LAW OFFICES
- GREENWAY EQUIPMENT SALES
- DIRIGO PAC
- Maine Association of Realtors
- Maine Automobile Dealers Association
- Maine Distributors
- MAINE INSURANCE AGENTS
- MAINE INSURANCE AGENTS ASSOCIATION
- Maine Masonry Co. Inc.
- Mitchell Tardy Government Affairs
- MODERN SCREENPRINT
- OCEAN PROPERTIES LTD
- Pierce Atwood Attorneys
- THE BERNSTEIN SHUR GROUP
- ZIMBA COMPANY INC.
- HANCOCK COUNTY REPUBLICAN WOMEN’S CLUB
- HOUSE REPUBLICAN MAJORITY FUND
- Penobscot County Republican Committee
- RETAIL MAINE PAC
- STILL FED UP WITH TAXES
In The News…
Recent news stories featuring Representative Campbell:
- Portland Press Herald: List of bills awaiting action by Gov. Paul LePage
- Portland Press Herald: Maine lawmakers seek greater oversight, understanding of state technology agency
- Portland Press Herald: Maine House to Obama: No national monument in North Woods
- Portland Press Herald: Opponents of North Woods national monument win vote in Maine House
- Portland Press Herald: Good Will-Hinckley drama puts truth about LePage in spotlight
This information was last updated on 2016-05-07.
The Open Maine Politics website is in a beta release and results should be checked against current data at the the official website of the Maine State Legislature.