Contact Information | Committees | Sponsored Bills | Bill Cosponsorship Partners | District 134 in Context | Campaign Finance Profile | In The News
- Party: Democratic
- House District: 134
- Mailing Address: 36 Cedar Lane, Little Deer Isle ME 4650
- Phone: (207) 479-5459
- E-mail: Walter.Kumiega@legislature.maine.gov
- Rep. Kumiega’s campaign finance report
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/walter.kumiegaiii
Committees of which Rep. Kumiega is a member:
- LD 60: An Act To Ensure Proper Funding for Teacher Retirement
- LD 63: Resolve, To Require the Department of Health and Human Services To Provide Supplemental Reimbursement to Adult Family Care Homes and Residential Care Facilities in Remote Island Locations
- LD 490: An Act To Extend the Legal Hours for Harvesting Lobsters
- LD 492: An Act To Expand Eligibility for Lobster and Crab Fishing Licenses for Veterans
- LD 563: An Act Regarding the Purchase of Trap Tags in the Lobster Fishery
- LD 992: An Act To Regulate Standards of Service for Mobile Telecommunications Services and Broadband Services
- LD 1027: An Act To Create an Elver Exporter’s License
- LD 1189: An Act To Make Certain Local Primaries Nonpartisan
- LD 1502: An Act To Provide Flexibility in the Designation of the Closed Period for Elver Harvesting
- LD 1503: An Act To Create a Class II Limited Lobster and Crab Fishing License and Improve the Limited-entry System
Bill Cosponsorship Partners
Every legislator works more often with some colleagues than with others. The following are the ten fellow legislators with whom Rep. Kumiega has cosponsored legislation most often in the 127th Legislature:
- Sen. David Miramant: 13 bills cosponsored with Rep. Kumiega.
- Sen. Brian Langley: 10 bills cosponsored with Rep. Kumiega.
- Rep. Michael Devin: 9 bills cosponsored with Rep. Kumiega.
- Rep. Robert Alley: 8 bills cosponsored with Rep. Kumiega.
- Sen. Christopher Johnson: 6 bills cosponsored with Rep. Kumiega.
- Rep. Jeffrey Pierce: 5 bills cosponsored with Rep. Kumiega.
- Rep. Ralph Chapman: 5 bills cosponsored with Rep. Kumiega.
- Rep. Jennifer DeChant: 5 bills cosponsored with Rep. Kumiega.
- Sen. Catherine Breen: 4 bills cosponsored with Rep. Kumiega.
- Rep. Chuck Kruger: 4 bills cosponsored with Rep. Kumiega.
District 134 in Context
Understanding the political actions of Representative Kumiega in full context requires some information about the district he represents. The charts and graphs you see below draw from the 2009-2013 cycle of the American Community Survey, an ongoing project of the U.S. Census Bureau. Graphs describe details about both the kinds of community to be found in a legislative district and the experiences of people who live there.
To find more information about the county, town, congressional district or state legislative district in which you live, you may access the American Community Survey through the Census Bureau’s American FactFinder web page.
Travel Time to Work in House District 134:
Percent of District 134 Residents who are Veterans of the U.S. Military:
Educational Attainment of the Residents of House District 134:
Dependency Ratio in District 134:
Dependency ratio is a demographic term that refers to the number of people who are not of typical working age (0-14 or 65+ years old) for every 100 people who are of typical working age.
Sex Ratio: Number of Males per 100 Females in House District 134:
Campaign Finance Data for Rep. Kumiega in the 2014 Election Cycle
(as categorized by the Maine Ethics Commission):
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Kumiega: Inside or Outside his District?
Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act funds.)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Kumiega: Inside or Outside the State of Maine?
(Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act Funds)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Kumiega: What Kind of Contributor?
Incorporated Groups (Businesses, Non-Profit Organizations, Political Action Committees, Party Committees, and other unregistered political groups) directly contributing to Rep. Kumiega in the 2013-2014 election cycle: None
In The News…
Recent news stories featuring Representative Kumiega:
- Portland Press Herald: Maine lawmakers reject bill to bar alewives from upper St. Croix River
- Portland Press Herald: Maine panel again puts off rule on tribal fishing pact
- Portland Press Herald: Some dislike proposal to ease long waits for Maine lobstering licenses
- Kennebec Journal: Some lobstermen cool to proposed licensing changes
- Portland Press Herald: List of bills awaiting action by Gov. Paul LePage
This information was last updated on 2016-05-07.
The Open Maine Politics website is in a beta release and results should be checked against current data at the the official website of the Maine State Legislature.