- Party: Republican
- House District: 136
- Mailing Address: 52 Cross Road, Hancock ME 4640
- Phone: (207) 422-3146
- E-mail: Richard.Malaby@legislature.maine.gov
- Rep. Malaby’s campaign finance report
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/malabyforhouse?ref=profile
Committees of which Rep. Malaby is a member:
- LD 45: An Act To Exempt Certain Capital Expenditures from the Maine Certificate of Need Act of 2002
- LD 155: An Act To Expand Housing Opportunities for Patients with Complex Medical Conditions
- LD 364: An Act To Allow a Sales Representative To Serve Spirits or Wine at a Tasting Event
- LD 463: An Act Regarding Eligibility of Children Placed in Guardianship for the School Lunch and Milk Program
- LD 481: An Act To Amend the Eligibility Requirements for the Rural Medical Access Program
- LD 534: An Act To Increase Crisis Intervention Training in the State
- LD 604: An Act To Encourage Communication Regarding Persons with Mental Illness
- LD 966: An Act To Assist Patients in Need of Psychiatric Services
- LD 1145: An Act To Improve Maine’s Involuntary Commitment Processes
- LD 1146: An Act To Increase Investment in Maine
- LD 1224: An Act To Amend the Child Protective Services Laws
- LD 1337: An Act To Fully Fund the Family Caregiver Respite Program
- LD 1365: An Act Regarding Licensed Children’s Programs
- LD 1391: An Act Regarding the Treatment of Forensic Patients
- LD 1403: An Act To Require Licensed Mental Health Professionals To Receive Training in Suicide Risk Assessment
- LD 1548: An Act To Establish a Foster Parents’ Bill of Rights
- LD 1638: An Act To Increase Payments to MaineCare Providers That Are Subject to Maine’s Service Provider Tax
Bill Cosponsorship Partners
Every legislator works more often with some colleagues than with others. The following are the ten fellow legislators with whom Rep. Malaby has cosponsored legislation most often in the 127th Legislature:
- Sen. Eric Brakey: 20 bills cosponsored with Rep. Malaby.
- Rep. Deborah Sanderson: 19 bills cosponsored with Rep. Malaby.
- Rep. Drew Gattine: 18 bills cosponsored with Rep. Malaby.
- Rep. Heather Sirocki: 16 bills cosponsored with Rep. Malaby.
- Rep. Karen Vachon: 15 bills cosponsored with Rep. Malaby.
- Sen. Anne Haskell: 11 bills cosponsored with Rep. Malaby.
- Rep. Beth O’Connor: 11 bills cosponsored with Rep. Malaby.
- Sen. Brian Langley: 10 bills cosponsored with Rep. Malaby.
- Rep. Matthew Peterson: 10 bills cosponsored with Rep. Malaby.
- Rep. Denise Harlow: 10 bills cosponsored with Rep. Malaby.
District 136 in Context
Understanding the political actions of Representative Malaby in full context requires some information about the district he represents. The charts and graphs you see below draw from the 2009-2013 cycle of the American Community Survey, an ongoing project of the U.S. Census Bureau. Graphs describe details about both the kinds of community to be found in a legislative district and the experiences of people who live there.
To find more information about the county, town, congressional district or state legislative district in which you live, you may access the American Community Survey through the Census Bureau’s American FactFinder web page.
Travel Time to Work in House District 136:
Percent of District 136 Residents who are Veterans of the U.S. Military:
Educational Attainment of the Residents of House District 136:
Dependency Ratio in District 136:
Dependency ratio is a demographic term that refers to the number of people who are not of typical working age (0-14 or 65+ years old) for every 100 people who are of typical working age.
Sex Ratio: Number of Males per 100 Females in House District 136:
Campaign Finance Data for Rep. Malaby in the 2014 Election Cycle
(as categorized by the Maine Ethics Commission):
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Malaby: Inside or Outside his District?
Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act funds.)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Malaby: Inside or Outside the State of Maine?
(Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act Funds)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Malaby: What Kind of Contributor?
Incorporated Groups (Businesses, Non-Profit Organizations, Political Action Committees, Party Committees, and other unregistered political groups) directly contributing to Rep. Malaby in the 2013-2014 election cycle:
- ASSOCIATED BUILDERS AND CONTRACTORS OF MAINE PAC
- CHERRYFIELD FOODS INC.
- Cianbro Corporation
- Friends of Maine Hospitals
- DIRIGO PAC
- Maine Association of Realtors
- MAINE BANKERS ASSOCIATION
- Maine Credit Union League
- MAINE INNKEEPERS ASSOCIATION
- MAINE INSURANCE AGENTS
- MAINE INSURANCE AGENTS ASSOCIATION
- National Rifle Association
- Spectrum Medical Group
- HANCOCK COUNTY REPUBLICAN WOMEN’S CLUB
- HOUSE REPUBLICAN MAJORITY FUND
- NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF INSURANCE AND FINANCIAL ADVISERS PAC
- National Federation of Independent Business
- RETAIL MAINE PAC
In The News…
Recent news stories featuring Representative Malaby:
- Portland Press Herald: Bill aims to reduce vaccine opt-outs for Maine students
- Portland Press Herald: List of bills awaiting action by Gov. Paul LePage
- Portland Press Herald: Methadone reimbursement bill meets resistance from Republican lawmakers
- Portland Press Herald: Maine lawmakers back one bill to toughen vaccine opt-out policy, but reject another
- Kennebec Journal: Here comes the sun, so why isn’t Maine taking advantage of free power?
- Portland Press Herald: State’s effort to force drug on defendant before trial sparks debate
This information was last updated on 2016-05-07.
The Open Maine Politics website is in a beta release and results should be checked against current data at the the official website of the Maine State Legislature.