Contact Information | Committees | Sponsored Bills | Bill Cosponsorship Partners | District 137 in Context | Campaign Finance Profile | In The News
- Party: Republican
- House District: 137
- Mailing Address: 10 Perry Lane, Amherst ME 4605
- Phone: (207) 584-5900
- E-mail: Lawrence.Lockman@legislature.maine.gov
- Rep. Lockman’s campaign finance report
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/representativelawrence.lockman.7
Committees of which Rep. Lockman is a member:
- LD 404: An Act To Prohibit Public Employers from Acting as Collection Agents for Labor Unions
- LD 489: An Act To Ensure the Right To Work without Payment of Dues or Fees to a Labor Union as a Condition of Employment
- LD 565: An Act To Authorize Municipalities To Impose Service Charges on Tax-exempt Property Owned by Certain Nonprofit Organizations
- LD 760: An Act To Increase the Deduction for Pension Income
- LD 1652: An Act Regarding Municipal Immigration Policies
Bill Cosponsorship Partners
Every legislator works more often with some colleagues than with others. The following are the ten fellow legislators with whom Rep. Lockman has cosponsored legislation most often in the 127th Legislature:
- Rep. Karleton Ward: 23 bills cosponsored with Rep. Lockman.
- Sen. Amy Volk: 14 bills cosponsored with Rep. Lockman.
- Rep. Stacey Guerin: 12 bills cosponsored with Rep. Lockman.
- Sen. Andre Cushing: 12 bills cosponsored with Rep. Lockman.
- Rep. Joel Stetkis: 11 bills cosponsored with Rep. Lockman.
- Rep. John Picchiotti: 11 bills cosponsored with Rep. Lockman.
- Sen. Eric Brakey: 10 bills cosponsored with Rep. Lockman.
- Rep. Beth O’Connor: 10 bills cosponsored with Rep. Lockman.
- Rep. Susan Austin: 10 bills cosponsored with Rep. Lockman.
- Sen. David Burns: 9 bills cosponsored with Rep. Lockman.
District 137 in Context
Understanding the political actions of Representative Lockman in full context requires some information about the district he represents. The charts and graphs you see below draw from the 2009-2013 cycle of the American Community Survey, an ongoing project of the U.S. Census Bureau. Graphs describe details about both the kinds of community to be found in a legislative district and the experiences of people who live there.
To find more information about the county, town, congressional district or state legislative district in which you live, you may access the American Community Survey through the Census Bureau’s American FactFinder web page.
Travel Time to Work in House District 137:
Percent of District 137 Residents who are Veterans of the U.S. Military:
Educational Attainment of the Residents of House District 137:
Dependency Ratio in District 137:
Dependency ratio is a demographic term that refers to the number of people who are not of typical working age (0-14 or 65+ years old) for every 100 people who are of typical working age.
Sex Ratio: Number of Males per 100 Females in House District 137:
Campaign Finance Data for Rep. Lockman in the 2014 Election Cycle
(as categorized by the Maine Ethics Commission):
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Lockman: Inside or Outside his District?
Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act funds.)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Lockman: Inside or Outside the State of Maine?
(Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act Funds)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Lockman: What Kind of Contributor?
Incorporated Groups (Businesses, Non-Profit Organizations, Political Action Committees, Party Committees, and other unregistered political groups) directly contributing to Rep. Lockman in the 2013-2014 election cycle:
- AIRLINE LODGE & SNACK BAR
- ASSOCIATED BUILDERS AND CONTRACTORS OF MAINE PAC
- C. BRADFORD RAND DDS LLC
- CAMERON BUILDERS
- CC ELECTRIC
- DEAN YOUNG FORESTRY INC.
- ELLSWORTH UVEITIS AND RETINA CARE
- FREEDOM AUTO BODY
- G & G ELECTRIC INC.
- GINA WRIGHT LEASING
- HARTT TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS INC.
- KINNEY ELECTRIC CO.
- DIRIGO PAC
- LITTLE ISLAND MARINE
- Maine Association of Realtors
- MAINE BANKERS ASSOCIATION
- MAINE DENTAL PAC
- MAINE FIRE PROTECTION SYSTEMS
- MAINELY VINYL INC.
- MANUFACTURED HOUSING ASOSCIATION OF MAINE
- MERRILL & HINCKLEY INC.
- National Rifle Association
- PCT COMMUNICATIONS
- PRAY’S AUTO SALES INC.
- ROCKPORT INN & SUITES
- STATE STREET OPTICS
- STEAMBOAT PARTNERS INC.
- THE R.M. FLAGG CO.
- UNION RIVER TELEPHONE
- HANCOCK COUNTY REPUBLICAN WOMEN’S CLUB
- HOUSE REPUBLICAN MAJORITY FUND
- Penobscot County Republican Committee
- STILL FED UP WITH TAXES
In The News…
Recent news stories featuring Representative Lockman:
- Kennebec Journal: Dark money machine fuels Question 1
- Portland Press Herald: Maine panel opposes ‘right-to-work’ bill in party-line vote
- Kennebec Journal: Subsidy to progressive nonprofit has no public benefit
- Portland Press Herald: Maine House votes against impeachment of Gov. LePage
- Portland Press Herald: Democrats stall vote on LePage’s pick for unemployment claims panel
- Portland Press Herald: Polar opposites face off in Lewiston mayoral runoff
- Portland Press Herald: Maine House rejects ‘right-to-work’ bills
- Kennebec Journal: Democrats willing to shut down government over welfare issue
This information was last updated on 2016-05-07.
The Open Maine Politics website is in a beta release and results should be checked against current data at the the official website of the Maine State Legislature.