- Party: Republican
- House District: 140
- Mailing Address: 89 Lafayette Street, Calais ME 4619
- Phone: (207) 454-2327
- E-mail: Joyce.Maker@legislature.maine.gov
- Rep. Maker’s campaign finance report
Committees of which Rep. Maker is a member:
- LD 54: Resolve, To Ensure Notification to the Public of the Location in Maine of Persons Convicted in Foreign Countries of Crimes Relating to the Sexual Abuse of a Child
- LD 263: An Act To Provide a Minor with a Defense to Prosecution in a Situation That Involves Risk of Alcohol Overdose
- LD 461: An Act To Change the Notification Deadline for the Nonrenewal of a Teacher’s Contract
- LD 552: An Act To Provide Funding for Home Visiting Services
- LD 554: An Act Concerning Commercial Vehicles at Canadian Weight Limits Traveling to Certain Points in the State
- LD 614: An Act Regarding the Excise Tax Levied on Used Motor Vehicles
- LD 891: An Act To Help Municipalities Dispose of Certain Abandoned Property
- LD 1179: An Act To Prohibit the Selling of Humans
- LD 1180: An Act To Require Education in Public Preschool Programs and Elementary Schools Regarding Child Sexual Abuse
- LD 1464: An Act To Revise the Educational Personnel Certification Statutes and To Direct the Department of Education To Review Department Rules Regarding Educational Personnel Certification
- LD 1496: An Act To Support Maine People in Recovery
- LD 1689: An Act To Protect Children in the State from Possible Sexual, Physical and Emotional Abuse by Persons Who Have Been Convicted of Crimes
Bill Cosponsorship Partners
Every legislator works more often with some colleagues than with others. The following are the ten fellow legislators with whom Rep. Maker has cosponsored legislation most often in the 127th Legislature:
- Sen. David Burns: 36 bills cosponsored with Rep. Maker.
- Sen. Brian Langley: 30 bills cosponsored with Rep. Maker.
- Rep. William Tuell: 30 bills cosponsored with Rep. Maker.
- Sen. Rebecca Millett: 24 bills cosponsored with Rep. Maker.
- Rep. Beth Turner: 23 bills cosponsored with Rep. Maker.
- Rep. Brian Hubbell: 19 bills cosponsored with Rep. Maker.
- Sen. Thomas Saviello: 17 bills cosponsored with Rep. Maker.
- Sen. Ronald Collins: 16 bills cosponsored with Rep. Maker.
- Sen. Peter Edgecomb: 14 bills cosponsored with Rep. Maker.
- Rep. Matthew Pouliot: 14 bills cosponsored with Rep. Maker.
District 140 in Context
Understanding the political actions of Representative Maker in full context requires some information about the district she represents. The charts and graphs you see below draw from the 2009-2013 cycle of the American Community Survey, an ongoing project of the U.S. Census Bureau. Graphs describe details about both the kinds of community to be found in a legislative district and the experiences of people who live there.
To find more information about the county, town, congressional district or state legislative district in which you live, you may access the American Community Survey through the Census Bureau’s American FactFinder web page.
Travel Time to Work in House District 140:
Percent of District 140 Residents who are Veterans of the U.S. Military:
Educational Attainment of the Residents of House District 140:
Dependency Ratio in District 140:
Dependency ratio is a demographic term that refers to the number of people who are not of typical working age (0-14 or 65+ years old) for every 100 people who are of typical working age.
Sex Ratio: Number of Males per 100 Females in House District 140:
Campaign Finance Data for Rep. Maker in the 2014 Election Cycle
(as categorized by the Maine Ethics Commission):
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Maker: Inside or Outside her District?
Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act funds.)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Maker: Inside or Outside the State of Maine?
(Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act Funds)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Maker: What Kind of Contributor?
Incorporated Groups (Businesses, Non-Profit Organizations, Political Action Committees, Party Committees, and other unregistered political groups) directly contributing to Rep. Maker in the 2013-2014 election cycle: None
In The News…
Recent news stories featuring Representative Maker:
- Portland Press Herald: Maine legislative panel approves letting students’ caregivers administer medical marijuana
- Kennebec Journal: Heck: LePage, lawmakers take votes hinder early childhood development
This information was last updated on 2016-05-07.
The Open Maine Politics website is in a beta release and results should be checked against current data at the the official website of the Maine State Legislature.