- Party: Democratic
- House District: 143
- Mailing Address: 614 Pattagumpus Road, Medway ME 4460
- Phone: (207) 746-5371
- E-mail: Stephen.Stanley@legislature.maine.gov
- Rep. Stanley’s campaign finance report
Committees of which Rep. Stanley is a member:
- LD 31: An Act To Require Horse-drawn Carriages and Wagons To Be Equipped with Reflectors
- LD 279: An Act Regarding Payment under the Business Equipment Tax Reimbursement Program
- LD 354: An Act To Authorize a General Fund Bond Issue To Enhance Public Transportation in the Bangor Area
- LD 478: An Act To Require That Death Certificates Be Signed Using an Electronic Signature System
- LD 496: Resolve, To Transfer Certain State-owned Property to the Town of East Millinocket
- LD 499: An Act To Create Jobs in the Forest Products Industry
- LD 716: An Act To Amend the Fees for Snowmobile Registration
- LD 765: Resolve, To Develop a Statewide Plan for the Disposal of Household Hazardous Waste
- LD 803: Resolve, To Establish the Task Force To Develop Strategies To Protect Towns
- LD 915: An Act To Facilitate Long-range Planning in Certain Municipalities
- LD 1152: An Act To Amend the Definition of |Property Fiscal Capacity| in the School Funding Law To Address Inequities Affecting Municipalities Experiencing Significant Reductions in Value
- LD 1184: An Act To Provide Funds to the Town of Millinocket Due to the Loss in Valuation of the Katahdin Paper Company
- LD 1600: An Act Regarding Consent to Land Transfers to the Federal Government
- LD 1691: An Act To Improve the Maine Tree Growth Tax Law Program
Bill Cosponsorship Partners
Every legislator works more often with some colleagues than with others. The following are the ten fellow legislators with whom Rep. Stanley has cosponsored legislation most often in the 127th Legislature:
- Rep. Stanley Short: 19 bills cosponsored with Rep. Stanley.
- Rep. Ricky Long: 16 bills cosponsored with Rep. Stanley.
- Rep. Arthur Verow: 14 bills cosponsored with Rep. Stanley.
- Sen. Paul Davis: 14 bills cosponsored with Rep. Stanley.
- Sen. Nathan Libby: 14 bills cosponsored with Rep. Stanley.
- Sen. James Dill: 13 bills cosponsored with Rep. Stanley.
- Rep. Richard Campbell: 12 bills cosponsored with Rep. Stanley.
- Sen. David Burns: 12 bills cosponsored with Rep. Stanley.
- Sen. Geoffrey Gratwick: 10 bills cosponsored with Rep. Stanley.
- Rep. Jeffrey McCabe: 10 bills cosponsored with Rep. Stanley.
District 143 in Context
Understanding the political actions of Representative Stanley in full context requires some information about the district he represents. The charts and graphs you see below draw from the 2009-2013 cycle of the American Community Survey, an ongoing project of the U.S. Census Bureau. Graphs describe details about both the kinds of community to be found in a legislative district and the experiences of people who live there.
To find more information about the county, town, congressional district or state legislative district in which you live, you may access the American Community Survey through the Census Bureau’s American FactFinder web page.
Travel Time to Work in House District 143:
Percent of District 143 Residents who are Veterans of the U.S. Military:
Educational Attainment of the Residents of House District 143:
Dependency Ratio in District 143:
Dependency ratio is a demographic term that refers to the number of people who are not of typical working age (0-14 or 65+ years old) for every 100 people who are of typical working age.
Sex Ratio: Number of Males per 100 Females in House District 143:
Campaign Finance Data for Rep. Stanley in the 2014 Election Cycle
(as categorized by the Maine Ethics Commission):
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Stanley: Inside or Outside his District?
Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act funds.)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Stanley: Inside or Outside the State of Maine?
(Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act Funds)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Stanley: What Kind of Contributor?
Incorporated Groups (Businesses, Non-Profit Organizations, Political Action Committees, Party Committees, and other unregistered political groups) directly contributing to Rep. Stanley in the 2013-2014 election cycle:
- Maine Credit Union League
- MAINE INSURANCE AGENTS
- MAINE INSURANCE AGENTS ASSOCIATION
- Maine State Employees Association
- MAINE STATE EMPLOYEES ASSOCIATION – PASER
- NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF INSURANCE AND FINANCIAL ADVISERS PAC
- RETAIL MAINE PAC
In The News…
Recent news stories featuring Representative Stanley:
- Portland Press Herald: Yellen: Action on interest rates hinges on market turmoil
- Portland Press Herald: Maine State Police make arrest in 1980 killing of teenager from East Millinocket
- Portland Press Herald: Opponents of North Woods national monument win vote in Maine House
- Kennebec Journal: Maine State Police make arrest in 1980 cold case slaying of 16-year-old girl
- Portland Press Herald: Maine House to Obama: No national monument in North Woods
This information was last updated on 2016-05-07.
The Open Maine Politics website is in a beta release and results should be checked against current data at the the official website of the Maine State Legislature.