Contact Information | Committees | Sponsored Bills | Bill Cosponsorship Partners | District 151 in Context | Campaign Finance Profile | In The News
- Party: Democratic
- House District: 151
- Mailing Address: P. O. Box 250, Eagle Lake ME 4739
- Phone: (207) 444-5556
- E-mail: John.Martin@legislature.maine.gov
- Rep. Martin’s campaign finance report
Committees of which Rep. Martin is a member:
- Appropriations and Financial Affairs Committee
- Environment and Natural Resources Committee
- Inland Fisheries and Wildlife Committee
- State and Local Government Committee
- Joint Select Committee on Joint Rules
- LD 57: An Act To Increase Mileage Reimbursement and Compensation for Jurors
- LD 163: An Act To Provide Economic Development Assistance to Rural Communities
- LD 168: An Act Relating to the Sales Tax Exemption on Depreciable Equipment Used in Commercial Wood Harvesting
- LD 182: An Act To Eliminate Term Limits for Legislators
- LD 241: Resolve, Regarding Metallic Mineral Mining Rules of the Department of Environmental Protection
- LD 388: An Act Regarding Timber Harvesting on Land Managed by the Bureau of Parks and Lands
- LD 395: An Act To Amend the Site Location of Development Laws
- LD 402: Resolve, To Amend Rules Regarding Proof of Ownership of Logging Equipment and Recruitment by Employers Employing Foreign Laborers To Operate Logging Equipment
- LD 406: An Act To Increase the Salaries of the Governor and Legislators
- LD 407: An Act To Buy American-made Products
- LD 411: Resolve, Regarding Engineering for Route 161
- LD 605: Resolve, To Provide Certain Dental Services to Pregnant Women Enrolled in the MaineCare Program
- LD 609: An Act To Provide an Incentive to Nonresident Landowners Who Own More than 250 Acres To Keep That Land Open for Hunting
- LD 897: An Act To Move a Township from House District 150 to House District 151
- LD 981: An Act To Establish a Veterinary School
- LD 1048: An Act To Allow School Administrative District No. 27 To Transfer Ownership of the St. Francis Elementary School to the Town of St. Francis
- LD 1049: An Act To Further Define Duties for Persons Who Hold Powers of Attorney or Act as Agents for Residents of Long-term Care Facilities
- LD 1050: An Act To Reimburse Nursing Homes for the Loss of Coinsurance and Deductibles for Skilled Nursing Beds under Rules Adopted by the Department of Health and Human Services
- LD 1181: An Act To Limit Liability for Certain Successor Corporations under Specific Circumstances
- LD 1212: An Act To Support Transparency in Government through the Maine Capitol Connection Channel Program
- LD 1422: An Act To Allow Maine Residents To Personally Import Medications as Permitted under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act
- LD 1428: An Act To Establish the Forensic Treatment Fund To Establish a Behavioral Assessment and Safety Evaluation Unit
- LD 1635: An Act Authorizing the Deorganization of Oxbow Plantation
- LD 1670: An Act To Attract Investment to Loring Commerce Centre
Bill Cosponsorship Partners
Every legislator works more often with some colleagues than with others. The following are the ten fellow legislators with whom Rep. Martin has cosponsored legislation most often in the 127th Legislature:
- Rep. Roland Martin: 13 bills cosponsored with Rep. Martin.
- Sen. John Patrick: 13 bills cosponsored with Rep. Martin.
- Rep. Jeffrey McCabe: 12 bills cosponsored with Rep. Martin.
- Sen. Thomas Saviello: 11 bills cosponsored with Rep. Martin.
- Sen. Anne Haskell: 10 bills cosponsored with Rep. Martin.
- Rep. Russell Black: 10 bills cosponsored with Rep. Martin.
- Sen. David Burns: 10 bills cosponsored with Rep. Martin.
- Sen. James Dill: 9 bills cosponsored with Rep. Martin.
- Sen. Justin Alfond: 9 bills cosponsored with Rep. Martin.
- Rep. Mark Dion: 8 bills cosponsored with Rep. Martin.
District 151 in Context
Understanding the political actions of Representative Martin in full context requires some information about the district he represents. The charts and graphs you see below draw from the 2009-2013 cycle of the American Community Survey, an ongoing project of the U.S. Census Bureau. Graphs describe details about both the kinds of community to be found in a legislative district and the experiences of people who live there.
To find more information about the county, town, congressional district or state legislative district in which you live, you may access the American Community Survey through the Census Bureau’s American FactFinder web page.
Travel Time to Work in House District 151:
Percent of District 151 Residents who are Veterans of the U.S. Military:
Educational Attainment of the Residents of House District 151:
Dependency Ratio in District 151:
Dependency ratio is a demographic term that refers to the number of people who are not of typical working age (0-14 or 65+ years old) for every 100 people who are of typical working age.
Sex Ratio: Number of Males per 100 Females in House District 151:
Campaign Finance Data for Rep. Martin in the 2014 Election Cycle
(as categorized by the Maine Ethics Commission):
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Martin: Inside or Outside his District?
Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act funds.)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Martin: Inside or Outside the State of Maine?
(Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act Funds)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Martin: What Kind of Contributor?
Incorporated Groups (Businesses, Non-Profit Organizations, Political Action Committees, Party Committees, and other unregistered political groups) directly contributing to Rep. Martin in the 2013-2014 election cycle:
- Casella Waste Systems
- FMJ GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS
- GIDEON LEADERSHIP PAC
- EMPOWERING MAINE LEADERSHIP PAC
- Howe Cahill & Company
- JAMES A MITCHELL CO. LLC
- Maine Credit Union League
- Maine Education Association
- Maine State Employees Association
- MAINE STATE EMPLOYEES ASSOCIATION – PASER
- MCTEAGUE HIGBEE CASE COHEN WHITNEY
- Pierce Atwood Attorneys
- Public Affairs Group
- SOUND SCIENCE FOR MAINE PAC
In The News…
Recent news stories featuring Representative Martin:
- Portland Press Herald: With budget impasse in Augusta, Maine state government shutdown looms
- Portland Press Herald: Sanford addiction treatment clinic to close, blaming lack of state funding
- Portland Press Herald: Retired Augusta police officer acquitted in threatening case
- Portland Press Herald: Colby College to buy another building on Waterville’s Main Street
- Kennebec Journal: Proposed mining rules puts Maine’s natural resources in jeopardy
- Kennebec Journal: WRESTLING NOTEBOOK: Skowhegan, Marshwood duel in early season showdown
- Portland Press Herald: Southern Maine school tests for high levels of E. coli bacteria in water
- Kennebec Journal: Skowhegan man awaits sentencing in manslaughter case
This information was last updated on 2016-05-07.
The Open Maine Politics website is in a beta release and results should be checked against current data at the the official website of the Maine State Legislature.