Contact Information | Committees | Sponsored Bills | Bill Cosponsorship Partners | District 16 in Context | Campaign Finance Profile | In The News
- Party: Republican
- House District: 16
- Mailing Address: 233 Bonny Eagle Road, Hollis ME 4042
- Phone: (207) 727-5527
- E-mail: Donald.Marean@legislature.maine.gov
- Rep. Marean’s campaign finance report
Committees of which Rep. Marean is a member:
- LD 502: An Act To Repeal the Service Provider Tax on Private Nonmedical Institutions and To Offset That Revenue Loss
- LD 575: An Act To Provide Property Tax Relief to Maine’s Working Families
- LD 1022: An Act To Protect the Future of Harness Racing
- LD 1023: An Act To Revise the Animal Welfare Laws
- LD 1024: An Act To Preserve Agricultural Fairs
Bill Cosponsorship Partners
Every legislator works more often with some colleagues than with others. The following are the ten fellow legislators with whom Rep. Marean has cosponsored legislation most often in the 127th Legislature:
- Sen. Thomas Saviello: 20 bills cosponsored with Rep. Marean.
- Rep. Russell Black: 17 bills cosponsored with Rep. Marean.
- Rep. Craig Hickman: 14 bills cosponsored with Rep. Marean.
- Sen. James Dill: 13 bills cosponsored with Rep. Marean.
- Sen. Roger Katz: 11 bills cosponsored with Rep. Marean.
- Rep. Jeffrey McCabe: 9 bills cosponsored with Rep. Marean.
- Sen. Brian Langley: 8 bills cosponsored with Rep. Marean.
- Sen. Nathan Libby: 8 bills cosponsored with Rep. Marean.
- Sen. Susan Deschambault: 8 bills cosponsored with Rep. Marean.
- Rep. Robert Saucier: 8 bills cosponsored with Rep. Marean.
District 16 in Context
Understanding the political actions of Representative Marean in full context requires some information about the district he represents. The charts and graphs you see below draw from the 2009-2013 cycle of the American Community Survey, an ongoing project of the U.S. Census Bureau. Graphs describe details about both the kinds of community to be found in a legislative district and the experiences of people who live there.
To find more information about the county, town, congressional district or state legislative district in which you live, you may access the American Community Survey through the Census Bureau’s American FactFinder web page.
Travel Time to Work in House District 16:
Percent of District 16 Residents who are Veterans of the U.S. Military:
Educational Attainment of the Residents of House District 16:
Dependency Ratio in District 16:
Dependency ratio is a demographic term that refers to the number of people who are not of typical working age (0-14 or 65+ years old) for every 100 people who are of typical working age.
Sex Ratio: Number of Males per 100 Females in House District 16:
Campaign Finance Data for Rep. Marean in the 2014 Election Cycle
(as categorized by the Maine Ethics Commission):
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Marean: Inside or Outside his District?
Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act funds.)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Marean: Inside or Outside the State of Maine?
(Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act Funds)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Marean: What Kind of Contributor?
Incorporated Groups (Businesses, Non-Profit Organizations, Political Action Committees, Party Committees, and other unregistered political groups) directly contributing to Rep. Marean in the 2013-2014 election cycle:
- ASSOCIATED BUILDERS AND CONTRACTORS OF MAINE PAC
- Gorham Sand & Gravel
- DIRIGO PAC
- MAINE BANKERS ASSOCIATION
- MAINE CONSERVATION VOTERS
- Maine Credit Union League
- Nappi Distributors
- National Distributors
- NESTLE WATERS
- RAI Services Company
- TEXAS INSTRUMENTS INCORPORATED
- THE BERNSTEIN SHUR GROUP
- York County Republican Committee
In The News…
Recent news stories featuring Representative Marean:
- Portland Press Herald: House backs constitutional changes to protect Mainers’ right to food choices
- Portland Press Herald: Sorry, no kangaroos: Service-animal impostors face crackdown
- Portland Press Herald: Committee endorses LePage nominees for Land for Maine’s Future board
This information was last updated on 2016-06-14.
The Open Maine Politics website is in a beta release and results should be checked against current data at the the official website of the Maine State Legislature.