Contact Information | Committees | Sponsored Bills | Bill Cosponsorship Partners | District 20 in Context | Campaign Finance Profile | In The News
- Party: Republican
- House District: 20
- Mailing Address: P. O. Box 291, Lebanon ME 4027
- Phone: (207) 651-5452
- E-mail: Karen.Gerrish@legislature.maine.gov
- Rep. Gerrish’s campaign finance report
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GerrishForMaine
Committees of which Rep. Gerrish is a member:
- LD 62: An Act To Require Notice to Municipal Officers of Violations of Emergency Medical Services Law and Rule
- LD 559: An Act To Notify Parents of a Complaint against a Child Care Facility or a Family Child Care Provider
- LD 1396: An Act Regarding Educational Standards for Maine Students
Bill Cosponsorship Partners
Every legislator works more often with some colleagues than with others. The following are the ten fellow legislators with whom Rep. Gerrish has cosponsored legislation most often in the 127th Legislature:
- Sen. Ronald Collins: 10 bills cosponsored with Rep. Gerrish.
- Rep. Beth O’Connor: 10 bills cosponsored with Rep. Gerrish.
- Rep. Robert Foley: 7 bills cosponsored with Rep. Gerrish.
- Rep. Michel Lajoie: 5 bills cosponsored with Rep. Gerrish.
- Rep. Frances Head: 5 bills cosponsored with Rep. Gerrish.
- Rep. Dwayne Prescott: 5 bills cosponsored with Rep. Gerrish.
- Rep. Michael McClellan: 4 bills cosponsored with Rep. Gerrish.
- Rep. Ricky Long: 4 bills cosponsored with Rep. Gerrish.
- Sen. Susan Deschambault: 4 bills cosponsored with Rep. Gerrish.
- Rep. Heather Sirocki: 4 bills cosponsored with Rep. Gerrish.
District 20 in Context
Understanding the political actions of Representative Gerrish in full context requires some information about the district she represents. The charts and graphs you see below draw from the 2009-2013 cycle of the American Community Survey, an ongoing project of the U.S. Census Bureau. Graphs describe details about both the kinds of community to be found in a legislative district and the experiences of people who live there.
To find more information about the county, town, congressional district or state legislative district in which you live, you may access the American Community Survey through the Census Bureau’s American FactFinder web page.
Travel Time to Work in House District 20:
Percent of District 20 Residents who are Veterans of the U.S. Military:
Educational Attainment of the Residents of House District 20:
Dependency Ratio in District 20:
Dependency ratio is a demographic term that refers to the number of people who are not of typical working age (0-14 or 65+ years old) for every 100 people who are of typical working age.
Sex Ratio: Number of Males per 100 Females in House District 20:
Campaign Finance Data for Rep. Gerrish in the 2014 Election Cycle
(as categorized by the Maine Ethics Commission):
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Gerrish: Inside or Outside her District?
Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act funds.)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Gerrish: Inside or Outside the State of Maine?
(Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act Funds)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Gerrish: What Kind of Contributor?
Incorporated Groups (Businesses, Non-Profit Organizations, Political Action Committees, Party Committees, and other unregistered political groups) directly contributing to Rep. Gerrish in the 2013-2014 election cycle:
- DIRIGO PAC
- Maine Credit Union League
- HOUSE REPUBLICAN MAJORITY FUND
- LEADERSHIP FOR MAINE’S FUTURE
- STILL FED UP WITH TAXES
- York County Republican Committee
In The News…
Recent news stories featuring Representative Gerrish:
- Portland Press Herald: Committee rejects bill to allow guns in Maine subsidized housing
- Kennebec Journal: Maine joining other states where Second Amendment rights shine
- Portland Press Herald: Maine lawmakers urged to undo educational reforms
- Portland Press Herald: Legislature’s Education Committee votes to drop Maine’s standardized test
This information was last updated on 2016-05-14.
The Open Maine Politics website is in a beta release and results should be checked against current data at the the official website of the Maine State Legislature.