Contact Information | Committees | Sponsored Bills | Bill Cosponsorship Partners | District 29 in Context | Campaign Finance Profile | In The News
- Party: Republican
- House District: 29
- Mailing Address: 25 Ocean Avenue, Scarborough ME 4074
- Phone: (207) 883-4715
- E-mail: Karen.Vachon@legislature.maine.gov
- Rep. Vachon’s campaign finance report
- Twitter: VachonKaren
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vachonforhouse
Committees of which Rep. Vachon is a member:
- LD 964: An Act To Provide Access to Private Apartment Complexes for Political Candidates
- LD 1213: An Act To Ensure Fair Competition by and between Maine’s Commercial Tracks
- LD 1498: An Act To Clarify Medicaid Managed Care Ombudsman Services
- LD 1552: An Act To Reduce Morbidity and Mortality Related to Injected Drugs
Bill Cosponsorship Partners
Every legislator works more often with some colleagues than with others. The following are the ten fellow legislators with whom Rep. Vachon has cosponsored legislation most often in the 127th Legislature:
- Rep. Heather Sirocki: 15 bills cosponsored with Rep. Vachon.
- Rep. Richard Malaby: 15 bills cosponsored with Rep. Vachon.
- Rep. Deborah Sanderson: 14 bills cosponsored with Rep. Vachon.
- Sen. Eric Brakey: 13 bills cosponsored with Rep. Vachon.
- Rep. Frances Head: 12 bills cosponsored with Rep. Vachon.
- Rep. Beth O’Connor: 9 bills cosponsored with Rep. Vachon.
- Sen. Anne Haskell: 7 bills cosponsored with Rep. Vachon.
- Sen. Garrett Mason: 7 bills cosponsored with Rep. Vachon.
- Rep. Matthew Peterson: 7 bills cosponsored with Rep. Vachon.
- Rep. Drew Gattine: 7 bills cosponsored with Rep. Vachon.
District 29 in Context
Understanding the political actions of Representative Vachon in full context requires some information about the district she represents. The charts and graphs you see below draw from the 2009-2013 cycle of the American Community Survey, an ongoing project of the U.S. Census Bureau. Graphs describe details about both the kinds of community to be found in a legislative district and the experiences of people who live there.
To find more information about the county, town, congressional district or state legislative district in which you live, you may access the American Community Survey through the Census Bureau’s American FactFinder web page.
Travel Time to Work in House District 29:
Percent of District 29 Residents who are Veterans of the U.S. Military:
Educational Attainment of the Residents of House District 29:
Dependency Ratio in District 29:
Dependency ratio is a demographic term that refers to the number of people who are not of typical working age (0-14 or 65+ years old) for every 100 people who are of typical working age.
Sex Ratio: Number of Males per 100 Females in House District 29:
Campaign Finance Data for Rep. Vachon in the 2014 Election Cycle
(as categorized by the Maine Ethics Commission):
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Vachon: Inside or Outside her District?
Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act funds.)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Vachon: Inside or Outside the State of Maine?
(Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act Funds)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Vachon: What Kind of Contributor?
Incorporated Groups (Businesses, Non-Profit Organizations, Political Action Committees, Party Committees, and other unregistered political groups) directly contributing to Rep. Vachon in the 2013-2014 election cycle:
- BAYLEY REALTY GROUP
- DIRIGO PAC
- MAINE INSURANCE AGENTS
- MAINE INSURANCE AGENTS ASSOCIATION
- POCK CARPENTRY LLC
- Scarborough Downs
- STATE MANUFACTURED HOMES INC
- VOLK PACKAGING CORPORATION
- LEADERSHIP FOR MAINE’S FUTURE
- RETAIL MAINE PAC
- SOUND SCIENCE FOR MAINE PAC
- WOMEN’S LEADERSHIP FUND
In The News…
Recent news stories featuring Representative Vachon:
- Kennebec Journal: Subsidy to progressive nonprofit has no public benefit
- Kennebec Journal: Advocates for MaineCare ombudsman hope bill forces DHHS to reinstate contract
- Portland Press Herald: Maine legislators press LePage administration for plan to increase testing for arsenic
- Portland Press Herald: Committee backs advocates on restoring service that helps customers with health insurance
- Portland Press Herald: Bill calls for state-based exchange to protect Mainers insured under Affordable Care Act
This information was last updated on 2016-06-14.
The Open Maine Politics website is in a beta release and results should be checked against current data at the the official website of the Maine State Legislature.