- Party: Democratic
- House District: 38
- Mailing Address: 89 Spruce Street, #4, Portland ME 4102
- Phone: (207) 332-7823
- E-mail: Matthew.Moonen@legislature.maine.gov
- Rep. Moonen’s campaign finance report
- Twitter: mattmoonen
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MoonenforMaine
Committees of which Rep. Moonen is a member:
- LD 850: An Act To Establish Special Elections To Fill United States Senate Vacancies
- LD 955: An Act To Make Changes to Laws Governing Condominiums Regarding the Display of Signs
- LD 1005: An Act To Amend the Law Regarding Medical Examiners
- LD 1252: An Act To Protect Student Data
- LD 1259: An Act To Increase Consumer Protections
Bill Cosponsorship Partners
Every legislator works more often with some colleagues than with others. The following are the ten fellow legislators with whom Rep. Moonen has cosponsored legislation most often in the 127th Legislature:
- Sen. Roger Katz: 8 bills cosponsored with Rep. Moonen.
- Rep. Ryan Tipping-Spitz: 7 bills cosponsored with Rep. Moonen.
- Rep. Adam Goode: 7 bills cosponsored with Rep. Moonen.
- Sen. David Burns: 7 bills cosponsored with Rep. Moonen.
- Sen. Nathan Libby: 6 bills cosponsored with Rep. Moonen.
- Sen. Linda Valentino: 5 bills cosponsored with Rep. Moonen.
- Rep. Peter Stuckey: 5 bills cosponsored with Rep. Moonen.
- Sen. Anne Haskell: 5 bills cosponsored with Rep. Moonen.
- Rep. Denise Tepler: 5 bills cosponsored with Rep. Moonen.
- Rep. Stacey Guerin: 5 bills cosponsored with Rep. Moonen.
District 38 in Context
Understanding the political actions of Representative Moonen in full context requires some information about the district he represents. The charts and graphs you see below draw from the 2009-2013 cycle of the American Community Survey, an ongoing project of the U.S. Census Bureau. Graphs describe details about both the kinds of community to be found in a legislative district and the experiences of people who live there.
To find more information about the county, town, congressional district or state legislative district in which you live, you may access the American Community Survey through the Census Bureau’s American FactFinder web page.
Travel Time to Work in House District 38:
Percent of District 38 Residents who are Veterans of the U.S. Military:
Educational Attainment of the Residents of House District 38:
Dependency Ratio in District 38:
Dependency ratio is a demographic term that refers to the number of people who are not of typical working age (0-14 or 65+ years old) for every 100 people who are of typical working age.
Sex Ratio: Number of Males per 100 Females in House District 38:
Campaign Finance Data for Rep. Moonen in the 2014 Election Cycle
(as categorized by the Maine Ethics Commission):
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Moonen: Inside or Outside his District?
Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act funds.)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Moonen: Inside or Outside the State of Maine?
(Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act Funds)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Moonen: What Kind of Contributor?
Incorporated Groups (Businesses, Non-Profit Organizations, Political Action Committees, Party Committees, and other unregistered political groups) directly contributing to Rep. Moonen in the 2013-2014 election cycle: None
In The News…
Recent news stories featuring Representative Moonen:
- Portland Press Herald: Activist to try striking sexual orientation from Maine human rights law
- Portland Press Herald: Portland legislative races take shape, minus city councilor who missed deadline
- Kennebec Journal: Maine House OKs bill giving residents of unorganized territories more say in wind projects
- Portland Press Herald: Portland advances plan to raise age for buying tobacco
- Portland Press Herald: Maine House rejects bill to outlaw discrimination against unvaccinated
This information was last updated on 2016-06-14.
The Open Maine Politics website is in a beta release and results should be checked against current data at the the official website of the Maine State Legislature.