Contact Information | Committees | Sponsored Bills | Bill Cosponsorship Partners | District 40 in Context | Campaign Finance Profile | In The News
- Party: Democratic
- House District: 40
- Mailing Address: 5 Mayo Street #3, Portland ME 4101
- Phone: (207) 318-4961
- E-mail: Benjamin.Chipman@legislature.maine.gov
- Rep. Chipman’s campaign finance report
- Twitter: BenChipman1
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ben.chipman.71
Thank you to the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals! cnn.com/2017/02/04/pol…
Committees of which Rep. Chipman is a member:
- LD 151: An Act To Protect Public Health in the Maine Community College System
- LD 247: An Act To Create Corridor Districts for the Purpose of Funding Transportation and Transit Services
- LD 487: An Act To Provide for an Increase in the Minimum Wage
- LD 507: An Act To Allow Primary Petition Signature Requirements To Be Proportional with Party Enrollment
- LD 568: An Act To Protect Maine Lakes
- LD 617: An Act To Change Municipal Campaign Contribution Limits
- LD 718: An Act To Avoid Loss of Revenue to the State
- LD 794: An Act To Ensure That Funding to the University of Maine System Is Used Efficiently
- LD 947: An Act To Fund State Efforts To Reduce the Landfilling of Solid Waste
- LD 1098: An Act To Protect Children from Exposure to Pesticides
Bill Cosponsorship Partners
Every legislator works more often with some colleagues than with others. The following are the ten fellow legislators with whom Rep. Chipman has cosponsored legislation most often in the 127th Legislature:
- Rep. Denise Harlow: 12 bills cosponsored with Rep. Chipman.
- Rep. Richard Campbell: 10 bills cosponsored with Rep. Chipman.
- Sen. Geoffrey Gratwick: 9 bills cosponsored with Rep. Chipman.
- Sen. Nathan Libby: 9 bills cosponsored with Rep. Chipman.
- Sen. Thomas Saviello: 9 bills cosponsored with Rep. Chipman.
- Rep. Jared Golden: 8 bills cosponsored with Rep. Chipman.
- Rep. Roberta Beavers: 8 bills cosponsored with Rep. Chipman.
- Rep. Deane Rykerson: 8 bills cosponsored with Rep. Chipman.
- Sen. Catherine Breen: 7 bills cosponsored with Rep. Chipman.
- Rep. Peter Stuckey: 7 bills cosponsored with Rep. Chipman.
District 40 in Context
Understanding the political actions of Representative Chipman in full context requires some information about the district he represents. The charts and graphs you see below draw from the 2009-2013 cycle of the American Community Survey, an ongoing project of the U.S. Census Bureau. Graphs describe details about both the kinds of community to be found in a legislative district and the experiences of people who live there.
To find more information about the county, town, congressional district or state legislative district in which you live, you may access the American Community Survey through the Census Bureau’s American FactFinder web page.
Travel Time to Work in House District 40:
Percent of District 40 Residents who are Veterans of the U.S. Military:
Educational Attainment of the Residents of House District 40:
Dependency Ratio in District 40:
Dependency ratio is a demographic term that refers to the number of people who are not of typical working age (0-14 or 65+ years old) for every 100 people who are of typical working age.
Sex Ratio: Number of Males per 100 Females in House District 40:
Campaign Finance Data for Rep. Chipman in the 2014 Election Cycle
(as categorized by the Maine Ethics Commission):
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Chipman: Inside or Outside his District?
Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act funds.)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Chipman: Inside or Outside the State of Maine?
(Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act Funds)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Chipman: What Kind of Contributor?
Incorporated Groups (Businesses, Non-Profit Organizations, Political Action Committees, Party Committees, and other unregistered political groups) directly contributing to Rep. Chipman in the 2013-2014 election cycle: None
In The News…
Recent news stories featuring Representative Chipman:
- Kennebec Journal: Maine Sen. Tom Saviello requests probe of LePage-Eves controversy
- Portland Press Herald: Maine House to debate LePage impeachment investigation today
- Portland Press Herald: Rep. Ben Chipman of Portland enrolls as Democrat
- Portland Press Herald: LePage may face reprimand after oversight panel accepts report in Eves case
- Portland Press Herald: Four Maine lawmakers request criminal investigation of LePage
- Portland Press Herald: Maine House votes against impeachment of Gov. LePage
- Portland Press Herald: Questions raised over Maine lawmaker’s mining support, bankruptcy relief
- Kennebec Journal: Maine attorney general ‘very troubled’ by allegations against LePage
This information was last updated on 2016-06-14.
The Open Maine Politics website is in a beta release and results should be checked against current data at the the official website of the Maine State Legislature.