Contact Information | Committees | Sponsored Bills | Bill Cosponsorship Partners | District 52 in Context | Campaign Finance Profile | In The News
- Party: Democratic
- House District: 52
- Mailing Address: 1008 Middle Street, Bath ME 4530
- Phone: (207) 442-8486
- E-mail: Jennifer.DeChant@legislature.maine.gov
- Rep. DeChant’s campaign finance report
- Twitter: DeChant4Bath
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jennifer.dechant.9
@thehill No thanks. Rally is not news.
Committees of which Rep. DeChant is a member:
- LD 244: An Act To Require the Use of Preapproved Subcontractors for Publicly Funded Construction Projects
- LD 248: An Act To Provide Flexibility to the Application of the State Prevailing Wage and Benefit Rates
- LD 322: An Act To Enhance the Creative Economy by Providing a Sales Tax Exemption to Incorporated Nonprofit Performing Arts Organizations
- LD 569: An Act To Reduce Municipal Liability outside Federally Declared Flood Zones
- LD 573: An Act To Provide for Annulment of Certain Arrest Records and Expungement of Certain Confidential Criminal History Record Information
- LD 660: An Act To Protect Homeowners from Damage in the Event of a Failure of Public Water Systems
- LD 1310: An Act To Amend the Community-based Renewable Energy Program
Bill Cosponsorship Partners
Every legislator works more often with some colleagues than with others. The following are the ten fellow legislators with whom Rep. DeChant has cosponsored legislation most often in the 127th Legislature:
- Rep. Roberta Beavers: 9 bills cosponsored with Rep. DeChant.
- Sen. John Patrick: 8 bills cosponsored with Rep. DeChant.
- Rep. Paul Gilbert: 8 bills cosponsored with Rep. DeChant.
- Sen. Susan Deschambault: 7 bills cosponsored with Rep. DeChant.
- Rep. Anne-Marie Mastraccio: 7 bills cosponsored with Rep. DeChant.
- Rep. Donna Doore: 6 bills cosponsored with Rep. DeChant.
- Rep. Jeffrey Evangelos: 6 bills cosponsored with Rep. DeChant.
- Rep. Deane Rykerson: 5 bills cosponsored with Rep. DeChant.
- Rep. Matthew Peterson: 5 bills cosponsored with Rep. DeChant.
- Rep. Walter Kumiega: 5 bills cosponsored with Rep. DeChant.
District 52 in Context
Understanding the political actions of Representative DeChant in full context requires some information about the district she represents. The charts and graphs you see below draw from the 2009-2013 cycle of the American Community Survey, an ongoing project of the U.S. Census Bureau. Graphs describe details about both the kinds of community to be found in a legislative district and the experiences of people who live there.
To find more information about the county, town, congressional district or state legislative district in which you live, you may access the American Community Survey through the Census Bureau’s American FactFinder web page.
Travel Time to Work in House District 52:
Percent of District 52 Residents who are Veterans of the U.S. Military:
Educational Attainment of the Residents of House District 52:
Dependency Ratio in District 52:
Dependency ratio is a demographic term that refers to the number of people who are not of typical working age (0-14 or 65+ years old) for every 100 people who are of typical working age.
Sex Ratio: Number of Males per 100 Females in House District 52:
Campaign Finance Data for Rep. DeChant in the 2014 Election Cycle
(as categorized by the Maine Ethics Commission):
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. DeChant: Inside or Outside her District?
Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act funds.)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. DeChant: Inside or Outside the State of Maine?
(Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act Funds)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. DeChant: What Kind of Contributor?
Incorporated Groups (Businesses, Non-Profit Organizations, Political Action Committees, Party Committees, and other unregistered political groups) directly contributing to Rep. DeChant in the 2013-2014 election cycle: None
In The News…
Recent news stories featuring Representative DeChant:
- Portland Press Herald: Maine lawmaker not surprised by bridge safety concerns
This information was last updated on 2016-05-07.
The Open Maine Politics website is in a beta release and results should be checked against current data at the the official website of the Maine State Legislature.