Contact Information | Committees | Sponsored Bills | Bill Cosponsorship Partners | District 53 in Context | Campaign Finance Profile | In The News
- Party: Republican
- House District: 53
- Mailing Address: P. O. Box 51, Dresden ME 4342
- Phone: (207) 737-9051
- E-mail: Jeffrey.Pierce@legislature.maine.gov
- Rep. Pierce’s campaign finance report
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PierceforHouse53
Committees of which Rep. Pierce is a member:
- LD 30: An Act To Exempt Fuel Used by Commercial Farmers from Sales Tax
- LD 353: An Act To Ensure Maine’s Elver Fishermen Can Fully Access Maine’s Elver Resource
- LD 773: An Act To Allow Anadromous Fish Passage through Beaver Dams
Bill Cosponsorship Partners
Every legislator works more often with some colleagues than with others. The following are the ten fellow legislators with whom Rep. Pierce has cosponsored legislation most often in the 127th Legislature:
- Sen. David Miramant: 11 bills cosponsored with Rep. Pierce.
- Sen. Linda Baker: 8 bills cosponsored with Rep. Pierce.
- Sen. Brian Langley: 5 bills cosponsored with Rep. Pierce.
- Rep. Michael Devin: 5 bills cosponsored with Rep. Pierce.
- Rep. David Sawicki: 5 bills cosponsored with Rep. Pierce.
- Rep. Walter Kumiega: 5 bills cosponsored with Rep. Pierce.
- Rep. Stephanie Hawke: 4 bills cosponsored with Rep. Pierce.
- Rep. Beth O’Connor: 4 bills cosponsored with Rep. Pierce.
- Rep. Robert Alley: 4 bills cosponsored with Rep. Pierce.
- Rep. Dale Crafts: 4 bills cosponsored with Rep. Pierce.
District 53 in Context
Understanding the political actions of Representative Pierce in full context requires some information about the district he represents. The charts and graphs you see below draw from the 2009-2013 cycle of the American Community Survey, an ongoing project of the U.S. Census Bureau. Graphs describe details about both the kinds of community to be found in a legislative district and the experiences of people who live there.
To find more information about the county, town, congressional district or state legislative district in which you live, you may access the American Community Survey through the Census Bureau’s American FactFinder web page.
Travel Time to Work in House District 53:
Percent of District 53 Residents who are Veterans of the U.S. Military:
Educational Attainment of the Residents of House District 53:
Dependency Ratio in District 53:
Dependency ratio is a demographic term that refers to the number of people who are not of typical working age (0-14 or 65+ years old) for every 100 people who are of typical working age.
Sex Ratio: Number of Males per 100 Females in House District 53:
Campaign Finance Data for Rep. Pierce in the 2014 Election Cycle
(as categorized by the Maine Ethics Commission):
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Pierce: Inside or Outside his District?
Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act funds.)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Pierce: Inside or Outside the State of Maine?
(Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act Funds)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Pierce: What Kind of Contributor?
Incorporated Groups (Businesses, Non-Profit Organizations, Political Action Committees, Party Committees, and other unregistered political groups) directly contributing to Rep. Pierce in the 2013-2014 election cycle:
- DRESDEN REPUBLICAN TOWN COMMITTEE
- DIRIGO PAC
- LEADERSHIP FOR MAINE’S FUTURE
- Lincoln County Republican Committee
- MAINE LOBSTER PAC
- Sagadahoc County Republican Committee
- STILL FED UP WITH TAXES
In The News…
Recent news stories featuring Representative Pierce:
- Portland Press Herald: Warm winter improves forecast for Maine’s lucrative elver season
- Kennebec Journal: Dresden panel OKs Condon gravel pit application
- Kennebec Journal: Lobster licensing bill raises lawmakers’ concerns about pressure on fishery
- Portland Press Herald: Lobster licensing bill runs into concerns about pressure on the fishery
- Portland Press Herald: Maine elver fishermen to have same quota next season
This information was last updated on 2016-06-14.
The Open Maine Politics website is in a beta release and results should be checked against current data at the the official website of the Maine State Legislature.