Contact Information | Committees | Sponsored Bills | Bill Cosponsorship Partners | District 55 in Context | Campaign Finance Profile | In The News
- Party: Republican
- House District: 55
- Mailing Address: 239 Ridge Road, Bowdoinham ME 4008
- Phone: (207) 666-3075
- E-mail: Brian.Hobart@legislature.maine.gov
- Rep. Hobart’s campaign finance report
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Brian-Hobart-State-Representative-Elect/253556708156741
Committees of which Rep. Hobart is a member:
- LD 177: An Act To Protect Farm Animals from Noise from the Discharge of Fireworks and Explosives
Bill Cosponsorship Partners
Every legislator works more often with some colleagues than with others. The following are the ten fellow legislators with whom Rep. Hobart has cosponsored legislation most often in the 127th Legislature:
- Rep. Wayne Parry: 6 bills cosponsored with Rep. Hobart.
- Sen. Paul Davis: 5 bills cosponsored with Rep. Hobart.
- Rep. Russell Black: 5 bills cosponsored with Rep. Hobart.
- Rep. Joyce Maker: 4 bills cosponsored with Rep. Hobart.
- Rep. Beth Turner: 4 bills cosponsored with Rep. Hobart.
- Rep. Sheldon Hanington: 4 bills cosponsored with Rep. Hobart.
- Sen. Ronald Collins: 4 bills cosponsored with Rep. Hobart.
- Rep. Dale Crafts: 4 bills cosponsored with Rep. Hobart.
- Rep. Mark Bryant: 4 bills cosponsored with Rep. Hobart.
- Rep. Gary Hilliard: 4 bills cosponsored with Rep. Hobart.
District 55 in Context
Understanding the political actions of Representative Hobart in full context requires some information about the district he represents. The charts and graphs you see below draw from the 2009-2013 cycle of the American Community Survey, an ongoing project of the U.S. Census Bureau. Graphs describe details about both the kinds of community to be found in a legislative district and the experiences of people who live there.
To find more information about the county, town, congressional district or state legislative district in which you live, you may access the American Community Survey through the Census Bureau’s American FactFinder web page.
Travel Time to Work in House District 55:
Percent of District 55 Residents who are Veterans of the U.S. Military:
Educational Attainment of the Residents of House District 55:
Dependency Ratio in District 55:
Dependency ratio is a demographic term that refers to the number of people who are not of typical working age (0-14 or 65+ years old) for every 100 people who are of typical working age.
Sex Ratio: Number of Males per 100 Females in House District 55:
Campaign Finance Data for Rep. Hobart in the 2014 Election Cycle
(as categorized by the Maine Ethics Commission):
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Hobart: Inside or Outside his District?
Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act funds.)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Hobart: Inside or Outside the State of Maine?
(Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act Funds)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Hobart: What Kind of Contributor?
Incorporated Groups (Businesses, Non-Profit Organizations, Political Action Committees, Party Committees, and other unregistered political groups) directly contributing to Rep. Hobart in the 2013-2014 election cycle:
- DIRIGO PAC
- HOUSE REPUBLICAN MAJORITY FUND
- LEADERSHIP FOR MAINE’S FUTURE
- Sagadahoc County Republican Committee
- STILL FED UP WITH TAXES
In The News…
Recent news stories featuring Representative Hobart:
- Portland Press Herald: Lawmakers uphold LePage veto, killing bill to boost solar energy
- Kennebec Journal: Another View: Rep. Timmons’ misplaced anger
This information was last updated on 2016-06-14.
The Open Maine Politics website is in a beta release and results should be checked against current data at the the official website of the Maine State Legislature.