Contact Information | Committees | Sponsored Bills | Bill Cosponsorship Partners | District 67 in Context | Campaign Finance Profile | In The News
- Party: Republican
- House District: 67
- Mailing Address: 136 Yarmouth Road, Gray ME 4039
- Phone: (207) 657-4100
- E-mail: Susan.Austin@legislature.maine.gov
- Rep. Austin’s campaign finance report
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sue-Austin/301504643265970
Committees of which Rep. Austin is a member:
- LD 510: An Act To Increase the Number of Container Options for Breweries
- LD 914: An Act To Amend the Public Accountancy Laws
- LD 1082: An Act To Ensure Equitable Support of Education for Maine Students in School Administrative District No. 6 and School Administrative District No. 44
Bill Cosponsorship Partners
Every legislator works more often with some colleagues than with others. The following are the ten fellow legislators with whom Rep. Austin has cosponsored legislation most often in the 127th Legislature:
- Rep. Karleton Ward: 19 bills cosponsored with Rep. Austin.
- Sen. Amy Volk: 17 bills cosponsored with Rep. Austin.
- Sen. Andre Cushing: 15 bills cosponsored with Rep. Austin.
- Sen. John Patrick: 12 bills cosponsored with Rep. Austin.
- Rep. Erin Herbig: 12 bills cosponsored with Rep. Austin.
- Rep. Lawrence Lockman: 10 bills cosponsored with Rep. Austin.
- Rep. Joel Stetkis: 9 bills cosponsored with Rep. Austin.
- Rep. James Campbell: 9 bills cosponsored with Rep. Austin.
- Rep. Anne-Marie Mastraccio: 9 bills cosponsored with Rep. Austin.
- Rep. Ryan Fecteau: 9 bills cosponsored with Rep. Austin.
District 67 in Context
Understanding the political actions of Representative Austin in full context requires some information about the district she represents. The charts and graphs you see below draw from the 2009-2013 cycle of the American Community Survey, an ongoing project of the U.S. Census Bureau. Graphs describe details about both the kinds of community to be found in a legislative district and the experiences of people who live there.
To find more information about the county, town, congressional district or state legislative district in which you live, you may access the American Community Survey through the Census Bureau’s American FactFinder web page.
Travel Time to Work in House District 67:
Percent of District 67 Residents who are Veterans of the U.S. Military:
Educational Attainment of the Residents of House District 67:
Dependency Ratio in District 67:
Dependency ratio is a demographic term that refers to the number of people who are not of typical working age (0-14 or 65+ years old) for every 100 people who are of typical working age.
Sex Ratio: Number of Males per 100 Females in House District 67:
Campaign Finance Data for Rep. Austin in the 2014 Election Cycle
(as categorized by the Maine Ethics Commission):
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Austin: Inside or Outside her District?
Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act funds.)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Austin: Inside or Outside the State of Maine?
(Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act Funds)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Austin: What Kind of Contributor?
Incorporated Groups (Businesses, Non-Profit Organizations, Political Action Committees, Party Committees, and other unregistered political groups) directly contributing to Rep. Austin in the 2013-2014 election cycle:
- ASSOCIATED BUILDERS AND CONTRACTORS OF MAINE PAC
- CAPE CHIROPRACTIC & ACUPUNCTURE
- CASCADE LAND HOLDINGS
- Fairpoint Communications
- Harborview Properties Inc.
- DIRIGO PAC
- Maine Association of Realtors
- MAINE INSURANCE AGENTS
- MAINE INSURANCE AGENTS ASSOCIATION
- PORTLAND SAND AND GRAVEL
- BUILD MAINE PAC
- SCOTT DUGAS TRUCKING AND EXCAVATING INC.
- WILKINSON EXCAVATION
- GRAY REP COMM
- NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF INSURANCE AND FINANCIAL ADVISERS PAC
- REPUBLICAN MAJORITY FUND
- RETAIL MAINE PAC
- STILL FED UP WITH TAXES
In The News…
Recent news stories featuring Representative Austin:
- Portland Press Herald: Maine Republicans keep alive alternative minimum wage proposal
- Portland Press Herald: Maine Republicans find way to keep alive an alternative minimum wage proposal
- Portland Press Herald: House Democrats block bid to offer voters an alternative to $12 minimum wage
This information was last updated on 2016-06-14.
The Open Maine Politics website is in a beta release and results should be checked against current data at the the official website of the Maine State Legislature.