Contact Information | Committees | Sponsored Bills | Bill Cosponsorship Partners | District 71 in Context | Campaign Finance Profile | In The News
- Party: Republican
- House District: 71
- Mailing Address: 107 Thurston Road, Norway ME 4268
- Phone: (207) 527-2233
- E-mail: Tom.Winsor@legislature.maine.gov
- Rep. Winsor’s campaign finance report
Committees of which Rep. Winsor is a member:
- LD 497: An Act To Provide a Sales Tax Rebate for Certain Organizations Providing Services to Disabled Veterans
- LD 911: An Act Concerning the Review of Certain Projects under the Site Location of Development Laws
- LD 1032: An Act To Implement the Combination Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution Retirement Plan Described in a Report Submitted to the Joint Standing Committee on Appropriations and Financial Affairs in March 2012
- LD 1453: An Act To Fund Agreements with Bargaining Units for Certain Executive Branch Employees and Ensure Equitable Treatment for Other Executive Branch Employees
Bill Cosponsorship Partners
Every legislator works more often with some colleagues than with others. The following are the ten fellow legislators with whom Rep. Winsor has cosponsored legislation most often in the 127th Legislature:
- Rep. Robert Foley: 6 bills cosponsored with Rep. Winsor.
- Rep. John Picchiotti: 6 bills cosponsored with Rep. Winsor.
- Rep. Sheldon Hanington: 5 bills cosponsored with Rep. Winsor.
- Sen. Michael Thibodeau: 4 bills cosponsored with Rep. Winsor.
- Rep. Bradlee Farrin: 4 bills cosponsored with Rep. Winsor.
- Sen. James Hamper: 4 bills cosponsored with Rep. Winsor.
- Sen. David Burns: 4 bills cosponsored with Rep. Winsor.
- Rep. Eleanor Espling: 3 bills cosponsored with Rep. Winsor.
- Rep. Larry Dunphy: 3 bills cosponsored with Rep. Winsor.
- Rep. Karleton Ward: 3 bills cosponsored with Rep. Winsor.
District 71 in Context
Understanding the political actions of Representative Winsor in full context requires some information about the district he represents. The charts and graphs you see below draw from the 2009-2013 cycle of the American Community Survey, an ongoing project of the U.S. Census Bureau. Graphs describe details about both the kinds of community to be found in a legislative district and the experiences of people who live there.
To find more information about the county, town, congressional district or state legislative district in which you live, you may access the American Community Survey through the Census Bureau’s American FactFinder web page.
Travel Time to Work in House District 71:
Percent of District 71 Residents who are Veterans of the U.S. Military:
Educational Attainment of the Residents of House District 71:
Dependency Ratio in District 71:
Dependency ratio is a demographic term that refers to the number of people who are not of typical working age (0-14 or 65+ years old) for every 100 people who are of typical working age.
Sex Ratio: Number of Males per 100 Females in House District 71:
Campaign Finance Data for Rep. Winsor in the 2014 Election Cycle
(as categorized by the Maine Ethics Commission):
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Winsor: Inside or Outside his District?
Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act funds.)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Winsor: Inside or Outside the State of Maine?
(Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act Funds)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Winsor: What Kind of Contributor?
Incorporated Groups (Businesses, Non-Profit Organizations, Political Action Committees, Party Committees, and other unregistered political groups) directly contributing to Rep. Winsor in the 2013-2014 election cycle:
- ASSOCIATED BUILDERS AND CONTRACTORS OF MAINE PAC
- CHURCHILL DOWNS for OXFORD CASINO (KY)
- Cianbro Corporation
- Eaton Peabody Attorneys At Law
- Friends of Maine Hospitals
- Howe Cahill & Company
- DIRIGO PAC
- Maine Association of Realtors
- Maine Credit Union League
- MAINE MEDICAL ASSOCIATION
- RAI Services Company
- TEXAS INSTRUMENTS INCORPORATED
- THE BERNSTEIN SHUR GROUP
- LEADERSHIP FOR MAINE’S FUTURE
- MAINE EYE PAC
- OXFORD COUNTY REPUBLICAN COMMITTEE
- RETAIL MAINE PAC
- STILL FED UP WITH TAXES
In The News…
Recent news stories featuring Representative Winsor:
- Kennebec Journal: Maine bill to reduce addiction advances, but lacks consensus
- Portland Press Herald: Republicans in Maine House block $18 million spending plan
This information was last updated on 2016-05-07.
The Open Maine Politics website is in a beta release and results should be checked against current data at the the official website of the Maine State Legislature.