Contact Information | Committees | Sponsored Bills | Bill Cosponsorship Partners | District 76 in Context | Campaign Finance Profile | In The News
- Party: Republican
- House District: 76
- Mailing Address: 511 Dunn Road, Belgrade ME 4917
- Phone: (207) 495-3677
- E-mail: Gary.Hilliard@legislature.maine.gov
- Rep. Hilliard’s campaign finance report
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HilliardforOffice
Committees of which Rep. Hilliard is a member:
- LD 142: An Act To Expand Deer Hunting Opportunities for Junior Hunters
- LD 156: An Act To Lower the Eligibility Age for a Junior Hunting License
- LD 469: An Act To Promote the Disposal of Unused Medications
- LD 494: An Act Regarding the Maintenance of Easements
- LD 713: Resolve, To Further Protect Lake Water Quality
- LD 1409: An Act To Clarify and Simplify the Licensing and Registration Provisions of the Inland Fisheries and Wildlife Laws
- LD 1637: An Act To Assist Maine Citizens Residing along Public Easements
Bill Cosponsorship Partners
Every legislator works more often with some colleagues than with others. The following are the ten fellow legislators with whom Rep. Hilliard has cosponsored legislation most often in the 127th Legislature:
- Sen. Paul Davis: 12 bills cosponsored with Rep. Hilliard.
- Sen. David Burns: 11 bills cosponsored with Rep. Hilliard.
- Rep. Peter Lyford: 10 bills cosponsored with Rep. Hilliard.
- Sen. Thomas Saviello: 10 bills cosponsored with Rep. Hilliard.
- Rep. Russell Black: 10 bills cosponsored with Rep. Hilliard.
- Rep. Sheldon Hanington: 8 bills cosponsored with Rep. Hilliard.
- Rep. Robert Alley: 8 bills cosponsored with Rep. Hilliard.
- Rep. Matthew Pouliot: 7 bills cosponsored with Rep. Hilliard.
- Rep. Dale Crafts: 7 bills cosponsored with Rep. Hilliard.
- Sen. Roger Katz: 6 bills cosponsored with Rep. Hilliard.
District 76 in Context
Understanding the political actions of Representative Hilliard in full context requires some information about the district he represents. The charts and graphs you see below draw from the 2009-2013 cycle of the American Community Survey, an ongoing project of the U.S. Census Bureau. Graphs describe details about both the kinds of community to be found in a legislative district and the experiences of people who live there.
To find more information about the county, town, congressional district or state legislative district in which you live, you may access the American Community Survey through the Census Bureau’s American FactFinder web page.
Travel Time to Work in House District 76:
Percent of District 76 Residents who are Veterans of the U.S. Military:
Educational Attainment of the Residents of House District 76:
Dependency Ratio in District 76:
Dependency ratio is a demographic term that refers to the number of people who are not of typical working age (0-14 or 65+ years old) for every 100 people who are of typical working age.
Sex Ratio: Number of Males per 100 Females in House District 76:
Campaign Finance Data for Rep. Hilliard in the 2014 Election Cycle
(as categorized by the Maine Ethics Commission):
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Hilliard: Inside or Outside his District?
Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act funds.)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Hilliard: Inside or Outside the State of Maine?
(Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act Funds)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Hilliard: What Kind of Contributor?
Incorporated Groups (Businesses, Non-Profit Organizations, Political Action Committees, Party Committees, and other unregistered political groups) directly contributing to Rep. Hilliard in the 2013-2014 election cycle:
- CAFFE PREGO
- CAPITOL FRANCHISE ASSOCIATES INC.
- CARDENTE COMMERCIAL BROKERS
- ELLAINE R. HEMINGWAY LIVING TRUST
- HOSPI FOODSERVICE INC.
- DIRIGO PAC
- RESTAURANTEURS FOR A STRONG MAINE ECONOMY
- SKOWHEGAN FAMILY FOODS LLC.
- T&J LLC.
- TOPSUBS LLC.
- Maine Republican Party
- RETAIL MAINE PAC
- STILL FED UP WITH TAXES
In The News…
Recent news stories featuring Representative Hilliard:
- Kennebec Journal: Land bonds measure veto needs to be overridden
- Kennebec Journal: Support solar bill now before Legislature
- Kennebec Journal: Land for Maine’s Future support acknowledged
- Kennebec Journal: 600 new solar jobs in jeopardy
- Portland Press Herald: Maine legislators press LePage administration for plan to increase testing for arsenic
This information was last updated on 2016-05-07.
The Open Maine Politics website is in a beta release and results should be checked against current data at the the official website of the Maine State Legislature.