Contact Information | Committees | Sponsored Bills | Bill Cosponsorship Partners | District 8 in Context | Campaign Finance Profile | In The News
- Party: Democratic
- House District: 8
- Mailing Address: 84 Stratford Place, Kennebunk ME 4043
- Phone: (207) 985-3332
- E-mail: Christopher.Babbidge@legislature.maine.gov
- Rep. Babbidge’s campaign finance report
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ChrisBabbidgeforHD8
Committees of which Rep. Babbidge is a member:
- LD 909: An Act To Help Older Adults Age in Place through Comprehensive Planning
- LD 1222: An Act To Remove Barriers to School Construction Financing in Regional School Units
Bill Cosponsorship Partners
Every legislator works more often with some colleagues than with others. The following are the ten fellow legislators with whom Rep. Babbidge has cosponsored legislation most often in the 127th Legislature:
- Rep. Roberta Beavers: 10 bills cosponsored with Rep. Babbidge.
- Rep. Mark Bryant: 6 bills cosponsored with Rep. Babbidge.
- Rep. Michael Devin: 5 bills cosponsored with Rep. Babbidge.
- Sen. David Woodsome: 5 bills cosponsored with Rep. Babbidge.
- Rep. Michelle Dunphy: 5 bills cosponsored with Rep. Babbidge.
- Rep. Donna Doore: 5 bills cosponsored with Rep. Babbidge.
- Rep. Heidi Brooks: 4 bills cosponsored with Rep. Babbidge.
- Rep. James Davitt: 4 bills cosponsored with Rep. Babbidge.
- Rep. Janice Cooper: 4 bills cosponsored with Rep. Babbidge.
- Rep. Justin Chenette: 4 bills cosponsored with Rep. Babbidge.
District 8 in Context
Understanding the political actions of Representative Babbidge in full context requires some information about the district he represents. The charts and graphs you see below draw from the 2009-2013 cycle of the American Community Survey, an ongoing project of the U.S. Census Bureau. Graphs describe details about both the kinds of community to be found in a legislative district and the experiences of people who live there.
To find more information about the county, town, congressional district or state legislative district in which you live, you may access the American Community Survey through the Census Bureau’s American FactFinder web page.
Travel Time to Work in House District 8:
Percent of District 8 Residents who are Veterans of the U.S. Military:
Educational Attainment of the Residents of House District 8:
Dependency Ratio in District 8:
Dependency ratio is a demographic term that refers to the number of people who are not of typical working age (0-14 or 65+ years old) for every 100 people who are of typical working age.
Sex Ratio: Number of Males per 100 Females in House District 8:
Campaign Finance Data for Rep. Babbidge in the 2014 Election Cycle
(as categorized by the Maine Ethics Commission):
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Babbidge: Inside or Outside his District?
Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act funds.)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Babbidge: Inside or Outside the State of Maine?
(Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act Funds)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Babbidge: What Kind of Contributor?
Incorporated Groups (Businesses, Non-Profit Organizations, Political Action Committees, Party Committees, and other unregistered political groups) directly contributing to Rep. Babbidge in the 2013-2014 election cycle: None
In The News…
Recent news stories featuring Representative Babbidge:
- Portland Press Herald: LePage nominee for Maine PUC stalled amid ‘crisis of confidence’
- Kennebec Journal: Lawmakers mull bill that would free bonds
- Portland Press Herald: Bill’s supporters push to force LePage to issue land conservation bonds
This information was last updated on 2016-06-14.
The Open Maine Politics website is in a beta release and results should be checked against current data at the the official website of the Maine State Legislature.