Contact Information | Committees | Sponsored Bills | Bill Cosponsorship Partners | District 83 in Context | Campaign Finance Profile | In The News
- Party: Democratic
- House District: 83
- Mailing Address: P. O. Box 4, South Gardiner ME 4359
- Phone: (207) 582-5882
- E-mail: Gay.Grant@legislature.maine.gov
- Rep. Grant’s campaign finance report
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GayGrantForTheHouse
Committees of which Rep. Grant is a member:
Bill Cosponsorship Partners
Every legislator works more often with some colleagues than with others. The following are the ten fellow legislators with whom Rep. Grant has cosponsored legislation most often in the 127th Legislature:
- Rep. Janice Cooper: 5 bills cosponsored with Rep. Grant.
- Rep. James Davitt: 5 bills cosponsored with Rep. Grant.
- Rep. Sara Gideon: 4 bills cosponsored with Rep. Grant.
- Rep. Joyce Maker: 4 bills cosponsored with Rep. Grant.
- Rep. Roberta Beavers: 4 bills cosponsored with Rep. Grant.
- Rep. Paul Gilbert: 4 bills cosponsored with Rep. Grant.
- Rep. Michelle Dunphy: 3 bills cosponsored with Rep. Grant.
- Sen. Linda Valentino: 3 bills cosponsored with Rep. Grant.
- Rep. Richard Campbell: 3 bills cosponsored with Rep. Grant.
- Rep. James Campbell: 3 bills cosponsored with Rep. Grant.
District 83 in Context
Understanding the political actions of Representative Grant in full context requires some information about the district she represents. The charts and graphs you see below draw from the 2009-2013 cycle of the American Community Survey, an ongoing project of the U.S. Census Bureau. Graphs describe details about both the kinds of community to be found in a legislative district and the experiences of people who live there.
To find more information about the county, town, congressional district or state legislative district in which you live, you may access the American Community Survey through the Census Bureau’s American FactFinder web page.
Travel Time to Work in House District 83:
Percent of District 83 Residents who are Veterans of the U.S. Military:
Educational Attainment of the Residents of House District 83:
Dependency Ratio in District 83:
Dependency ratio is a demographic term that refers to the number of people who are not of typical working age (0-14 or 65+ years old) for every 100 people who are of typical working age.
Sex Ratio: Number of Males per 100 Females in House District 83:
Campaign Finance Data for Rep. Grant in the 2014 Election Cycle
(as categorized by the Maine Ethics Commission):
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Grant: Inside or Outside her District?
Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act funds.)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Grant: Inside or Outside the State of Maine?
(Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act Funds)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Grant: What Kind of Contributor?
Incorporated Groups (Businesses, Non-Profit Organizations, Political Action Committees, Party Committees, and other unregistered political groups) directly contributing to Rep. Grant in the 2013-2014 election cycle: None
In The News…
Recent news stories featuring Representative Grant:
- Kennebec Journal: Treatment providers, Kennebec sheriff weigh in on upcoming drug abuse summit
- Portland Press Herald: Maine lawmakers, DHHS chief exchange fire over Riverview certification
- Portland Press Herald: Legislators approve $13.4 million bailout of Maine biomass industry
- Portland Press Herald: Maine House again rejects banning drivers’ use of handheld cellphones
- Kennebec Journal: Using ‘revenge porn’ is now against the law
- Portland Press Herald: Maine House delivers major blow to rewritten mining rules
- Kennebec Journal: Legislators approve $13.4 million public bailout of biomass industry
- Kennebec Journal: Maine House shies away from LePage impeachment
This information was last updated on 2016-05-07.
The Open Maine Politics website is in a beta release and results should be checked against current data at the the official website of the Maine State Legislature.