Contact Information | Committees | Sponsored Bills | Bill Cosponsorship Partners | District 86 in Context | Campaign Finance Profile | In The News
- Party: Republican
- House District: 86
- Mailing Address: 99 Winthrop Street, Augusta ME 4330
- Phone: (207) 441-9418
- E-mail: Matthew.Pouliot@legislature.maine.gov
- Rep. Pouliot’s campaign finance report
- Twitter: Matt_Pouliot
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/matthew.pouliot
More coverage on my proposed legislation to hold irresponsible dog owners accountable. necn.com/news/new-engla…
Committees of which Rep. Pouliot is a member:
- LD 50: An Act To Authorize up to 3 Free Sets of License Plates for 100 Percent Disabled Veterans
- LD 133: Resolve, To Establish the Task Force on Independence from Public Assistance
- LD 157: An Act To Create an Advisory Committee To Review and Make Recommendations Regarding Hunting and Fishing Laws
- LD 314: An Act To Amend the Administration of the Transportation System in the Department of Education
- LD 321: An Act To Protect Consumers against Residential Real Estate Title Defects
- LD 417: An Act Regarding Measures To Ensure Students Can Demonstrate Proficiency in Financial Literacy
- LD 418: Resolve, To Study the Use of Social Impact Bonds as a Funding Mechanism for Public Education Programs in Maine
- LD 556: An Act To Require Public Schools To Offer Instruction Related to Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and the Use of an Automated External Defibrillator
- LD 567: Resolve, To Implement Recommendations from the Maine Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Education and Workforce Plan
- LD 665: An Act To Establish a Block Grant Program for Homemaker Services
- LD 784: An Act To Authorize a Revenue Bond for a Student Loan Reduction Plan
- LD 836: An Act To Exempt the American Legion and Veterans of Foreign Wars from the Sales Tax
- LD 895: Resolve, To Establish the Advisory Committee on Real Estate License Law
- LD 1047: An Act To Allow for Collaboration in Public Charter Schools
- LD 1064: Resolve, To Establish the Maine Summer Success Program
- LD 1355: An Act To Improve Residential Renewable Energy Use
- LD 1421: An Act To Establish a Tax-free Savings Program for Individuals with Disabilities
- LD 1486: Resolve, To Reauthorize the Issuance of Certain Bonds for Land Conservation Projects
- LD 1519: An Act To Amend the Tax Laws To Strengthen Charitable Institutions, Encourage Home Ownership and Manage Medical Expenses
Bill Cosponsorship Partners
Every legislator works more often with some colleagues than with others. The following are the ten fellow legislators with whom Rep. Pouliot has cosponsored legislation most often in the 127th Legislature:
- Rep. Matthea Daughtry: 16 bills cosponsored with Rep. Pouliot.
- Rep. Joyce Maker: 14 bills cosponsored with Rep. Pouliot.
- Sen. Brian Langley: 14 bills cosponsored with Rep. Pouliot.
- Sen. Roger Katz: 14 bills cosponsored with Rep. Pouliot.
- Sen. Rebecca Millett: 14 bills cosponsored with Rep. Pouliot.
- Rep. Deborah Sanderson: 12 bills cosponsored with Rep. Pouliot.
- Rep. Ryan Tipping-Spitz: 11 bills cosponsored with Rep. Pouliot.
- Sen. Thomas Saviello: 11 bills cosponsored with Rep. Pouliot.
- Rep. Brian Hubbell: 10 bills cosponsored with Rep. Pouliot.
- Rep. Paul Stearns: 9 bills cosponsored with Rep. Pouliot.
District 86 in Context
Understanding the political actions of Representative Pouliot in full context requires some information about the district he represents. The charts and graphs you see below draw from the 2009-2013 cycle of the American Community Survey, an ongoing project of the U.S. Census Bureau. Graphs describe details about both the kinds of community to be found in a legislative district and the experiences of people who live there.
To find more information about the county, town, congressional district or state legislative district in which you live, you may access the American Community Survey through the Census Bureau’s American FactFinder web page.
Travel Time to Work in House District 86:
Percent of District 86 Residents who are Veterans of the U.S. Military:
Educational Attainment of the Residents of House District 86:
Dependency Ratio in District 86:
Dependency ratio is a demographic term that refers to the number of people who are not of typical working age (0-14 or 65+ years old) for every 100 people who are of typical working age.
Sex Ratio: Number of Males per 100 Females in House District 86:
Campaign Finance Data for Rep. Pouliot in the 2014 Election Cycle
(as categorized by the Maine Ethics Commission):
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Pouliot: Inside or Outside his District?
Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act funds.)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Pouliot: Inside or Outside the State of Maine?
(Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act Funds)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Pouliot: What Kind of Contributor?
Incorporated Groups (Businesses, Non-Profit Organizations, Political Action Committees, Party Committees, and other unregistered political groups) directly contributing to Rep. Pouliot in the 2013-2014 election cycle:
- ASSOCIATED BUILDERS AND CONTRACTORS OF MAINE PAC
- BROOKEWOOD REALTY
- CAMERON BUILDERS
- CENTRAL MAINE DRYWALL INC
- Cianbro Corporation
- Eaton Peabody Attorneys At Law
- FMJ GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS
- G & E ROOFING CO.
- Howe Cahill & Company
- DIRIGO PAC
- LINDA GIFFORD LAW OFFICE
- Maine Association of Realtors
- MAINE BANKERS ASSOCIATION
- Maine Beverage Association
- Maine Credit Union League
- MAINE DENTAL PAC
- MAINE HEALTH CARE ASSOCIATION
- MAINE INSURANCE AGENTS
- MAINE INSURANCE AGENTS ASSOCIATION
- MAINE MEDICAL ASSOCIATION
- Maine State Employees Association
- MAINE STATE EMPLOYEES ASSOCIATION – PASER
- MCALLISTER REAL ESTATE
- MCCULLUM & MCCULLUM
- Merrill’s Investigations & Security LLC
- Molina Healthcare Inc
- CAPITAL LEADERSHIP PAC
- R.M. FLAGG COMPANY
- RAI Services Company
- RETAIL LUMBER DEALERS ASSOCIATION
- SERLIN HALEY
- SERVICE CORPORATION INTERNATIONAL
- WALGREENS COMPANY
- MAINE EYE PAC
- NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF INSURANCE AND FINANCIAL ADVISERS PAC
- PROSPERITY FOR MAINE’S FUTURE
- RESPECT MAINE
- RETAIL MAINE PAC
- STILL FED UP WITH TAXES
Representative Pouliot is a registered officer of the Prosperity for Maine’s Future, a “leadership PAC” that collects contributions from outside sources and sends them on to Maine state legislative candidates and political party groups. The Prosperity for Maine’s Future led by Rep. Pouliot received campaign contributions from the following sources in the 2014 election cycle:
- ASSOCIATED BUILDERS AND CONTRACTORS OF MAINE PAC — 250.00 dollars
- CLEAN POWER PAC — 250.00 dollars
- Maine Beer and Wine Wholesalers Association — 500.00 dollars
- MAINE HEALTH CARE ASSOCIATION — 250.00 dollars
- Pine State Trading Co — 375.00 dollars
- THE BERNSTEIN SHUR GROUP — 500.00 dollars
In The News…
Recent news stories featuring Representative Pouliot:
- Kennebec Journal: Support for solar energy by legislators praised
- Kennebec Journal: Seniors, local economies win with support for affordable housing bond
- Kennebec Journal: Maine Gov. LePage’s veto pen not as powerful as it once was
- Portland Press Herald: Political response to crushing college debt ratchets up
- Portland Press Herald: Maine to consider self-defense immunity for National Guard
- Kennebec Journal: Augusta lawmakers seek input from Riverview workers
- Portland Press Herald: LePage veto pen not as powerful as it once was
- Kennebec Journal: Augusta to lose $250K under new excise tax law
This information was last updated on 2016-05-07.
The Open Maine Politics website is in a beta release and results should be checked against current data at the the official website of the Maine State Legislature.