Contact Information | Committees | Sponsored Bills | Bill Cosponsorship Partners | District 98 in Context | Campaign Finance Profile
- Party: Republican
- House District: 98
- Mailing Address: 79 Bowen Road, Searsport ME 4974
- Phone: (207) 548-6429
- E-mail: James.Gillway@legislature.maine.gov
- Rep. Gillway’s campaign finance report
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/james.gillwaysr
Committees of which Rep. Gillway is a member:
- LD 184: An Act To Reimburse Philip Wolley for Litigation Expenses Incurred in Connection with His Termination and Reinstatement as a State Employee
- LD 491: An Act To Lower from 70 to 65 the Age at Which a Person May Obtain a Lobster and Crab Fishing License for a Reduced Fee
- LD 505: An Act To Increase the Funding Level of the Local Road Assistance Program
- LD 682: An Act To Ensure the Administration of Written Driving Tests
- LD 855: An Act To Allow Grocery Stores under 10,000 Square Feet To Be Open on Sundays
- LD 1277: An Act To Establish a Magnet School for Marine Science, Technology, Transportation and Engineering
Bill Cosponsorship Partners
Every legislator works more often with some colleagues than with others. The following are the ten fellow legislators with whom Rep. Gillway has cosponsored legislation most often in the 127th Legislature:
- Sen. Michael Thibodeau: 9 bills cosponsored with Rep. Gillway.
- Rep. Wayne Parry: 6 bills cosponsored with Rep. Gillway.
- Rep. Andrew McLean: 6 bills cosponsored with Rep. Gillway.
- Rep. Karleton Ward: 5 bills cosponsored with Rep. Gillway.
- Sen. Kimberley Rosen: 5 bills cosponsored with Rep. Gillway.
- Sen. Bill Diamond: 4 bills cosponsored with Rep. Gillway.
- Rep. Beth Turner: 4 bills cosponsored with Rep. Gillway.
- Sen. Andre Cushing: 4 bills cosponsored with Rep. Gillway.
- Rep. George Hogan: 4 bills cosponsored with Rep. Gillway.
- Rep. Anthony Edgecomb: 4 bills cosponsored with Rep. Gillway.
District 98 in Context
Understanding the political actions of Representative Gillway in full context requires some information about the district he represents. The charts and graphs you see below draw from the 2009-2013 cycle of the American Community Survey, an ongoing project of the U.S. Census Bureau. Graphs describe details about both the kinds of community to be found in a legislative district and the experiences of people who live there.
To find more information about the county, town, congressional district or state legislative district in which you live, you may access the American Community Survey through the Census Bureau’s American FactFinder web page.
Travel Time to Work in House District 98:
Percent of District 98 Residents who are Veterans of the U.S. Military:
Educational Attainment of the Residents of House District 98:
Dependency Ratio in District 98:
Dependency ratio is a demographic term that refers to the number of people who are not of typical working age (0-14 or 65+ years old) for every 100 people who are of typical working age.
Sex Ratio: Number of Males per 100 Females in House District 98:
Campaign Finance Data for Rep. Gillway in the 2014 Election Cycle
(as categorized by the Maine Ethics Commission):
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Gillway: Inside or Outside his District?
Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act funds.)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Gillway: Inside or Outside the State of Maine?
(Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act Funds)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Rep. Gillway: What Kind of Contributor?
Incorporated Groups (Businesses, Non-Profit Organizations, Political Action Committees, Party Committees, and other unregistered political groups) directly contributing to Rep. Gillway in the 2013-2014 election cycle:
- ASSOCIATED BUILDERS AND CONTRACTORS OF MAINE PAC
- BERWICK IRON & METAL RECYCLING
- Cianbro Corporation
- DIRIGO PAC
- Maine Credit Union League
- RAI Services Company
- THE BERNSTEIN SHUR GROUP
- HARMON FOR MAINE
- MAINE TRUCK PAC
- Paving The Way For A Prosperous Maine
- STILL FED UP WITH TAXES
- Waldo County Republican Committee
This information was last updated on 2016-05-07.
The Open Maine Politics website is in a beta release and results should be checked against current data at the the official website of the Maine State Legislature.