LD 250 (subjects: BUSINESS PRACTICES , PAWNBROKERS )
Official bill page at mainelegislature.org: http://www.mainelegislature.org/legis/bills/display_ps.asp?ld=250&PID=1456&snum=127
- Rep. Andrew Buckland of Farmington: (R – District 113) — e-mail | Facebook
Sen. Rodney Whittemore of Somerset: (R – District 3) — e-mail | Facebook
Sen. Paul Davis of Piscataquis: (R – District 4) — e-mail | Twitter | Facebook
Sen. David Burns of Washington: (R – District 6) — e-mail | Twitter | Facebook
Sen. Roger Katz of Kennebec: (R – District 15) — e-mail | Facebook
|2/3/2015||Senate||Committee on LABOR, COMMERCE, RESEARCH AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
suggested and ordered printed
On motion by Senator Volk of Cumberland REFERRED to the Committee on LABOR, COMMERCE, RESEARCH AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
Ordered sent down forthwith for concurrence.
|2/3/2015||House||Bill REFERRED to the Committee on LABOR, COMMERCE, RESEARCH AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT.
In concurrence. ORDERED SENT FORTHWITH.
|3/24/2015||Senate||Pursuant to Joint Rule 310.3 Placed in Legislative Files (DEAD)|
|7/21/2015||Senate||CARRIED OVER to any Special or Regular Session of the 127th Legislature pursuant to Joint Order HP 992. in concurrence|
An Act To Amend the Laws Regarding Dealers in Secondhand Precious Metals
Sec. 1. 30-A MRSA 3972, sub- 1, B, as enacted by PL 2013, c. 398, 1, is amended to read:
Sec. 2. 30-A MRSA 3972, sub- 2, C, as enacted by PL 2013, c. 398, 1, is amended to read:
Sec. 3. 30-A MRSA 3972, sub- 2, D, as enacted by PL 2013, c. 398, 1, is repealed.
Sec. 4. 30-A MRSA 3972, sub- 5 and 6, as enacted by PL 2013, c. 398, 1, are amended to read:
This bill amends the laws regarding dealers in secondhand precious metals by:
1. Including palladium and platinum as precious metals subject to regulation;
2. Allowing a dealer to take one digital photograph of all the items in a transaction, instead of one digital photograph for each item;
3. Eliminating certain types of information that must be recorded by a dealer about each item;
4. Reducing from 15 days to 5 business days the amount of time a dealer must wait before selling or altering an item of precious metal received by the dealer;
5. Removing a reference to an electronic database designed to catalog stolen property; and
6. Requiring a dealer to register as a precious metals dealer with the municipality in which the dealer will conduct business, instead of requiring the dealer to obtain a permit issued by the municipality.
Pattern of Cosponsorship by Region:
Pattern of Cosponsorship by Gender:
Pattern of Cosponsorship by Party:
Pattern of Cosponsorship by Campaign Finance Classification:
Note: Maine Clean Elections Act (MCEA) Qualified candidates only accept a small dollar value of initial contributions early in their campaigns, pledge not to accept further campaign contributions from private sources, and receive public funding for their campaigns. MCEA Non-Qualified candidates choose not to obtain public funding and instead are free to accept campaign contributions from individuals, party committees, political action committees and business sources.
This information about LD 250 was last updated on 2016-05-12.
The Open Maine Politics website is in a beta release and results should not be taken as definitive. Please visit the official website of the Maine State Legislature for entirely verifiable information.