Contact Information | Committees | Sponsored Bills | Bill Cosponsorship Partners | District 16 in Context | Campaign Finance Profile | In The News
- Party: Republican
- Senate District: 16
- Mailing Address: 363 Albion Road, Benton ME 4901
- Phone: 453-7787
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sen. Cyrway’s campaign finance report
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CyrwayforSenate
Committees of which Sen. Cyrway is a member:
- LD 116: An Act To Expand the Use of Tax Increment Financing Revenue
- LD 370: An Act To Amend the Lobbyist Disclosure Procedures Law
- LD 375: An Act To Create a Blue Alert Program in Maine
- LD 376: An Act To Provide a Source of Funding for Drug Abuse Resistance Education
- LD 693: An Act To Amend the Military Bureau Laws
- LD 1123: An Act To Amend the Campaign Reports and Finances Laws and the Maine Clean Election Act
- LD 1449: An Act To Amend the State Election Laws
- LD 1484: An Act Regarding the Election Laws
- LD 1540: An Act To Protect All Students in Elementary or Secondary Schools from Sexual Assault by School Officials
- LD 1541: An Act To Increase Sentences Imposed for the Illegal Importation of Scheduled Drugs
- LD 1647: An Act Relating to Penalties for Drug Offenses
- LD 1683: An Act To Increase Penalties for the Use of Violence against Firefighters
Bill Cosponsorship Partners
Every legislator works more often with some colleagues than with others. The following are the ten fellow legislators with whom Sen. Cyrway has cosponsored legislation most often in the 127th Legislature:
- Sen. Ronald Collins: 20 bills cosponsored with Sen. Cyrway.
- Sen. Paul Davis: 17 bills cosponsored with Sen. Cyrway.
- Sen. David Burns: 14 bills cosponsored with Sen. Cyrway.
- Rep. Sheldon Hanington: 13 bills cosponsored with Sen. Cyrway.
- Rep. Louis Luchini: 11 bills cosponsored with Sen. Cyrway.
- Rep. Beth Turner: 10 bills cosponsored with Sen. Cyrway.
- Sen. Susan Deschambault: 10 bills cosponsored with Sen. Cyrway.
- Rep. Thomas Longstaff: 10 bills cosponsored with Sen. Cyrway.
- Sen. Linda Baker: 10 bills cosponsored with Sen. Cyrway.
- Sen. Roger Katz: 9 bills cosponsored with Sen. Cyrway.
District 16 in Context
Understanding the political actions of Senator Cyrway in full context requires some information about the district he represents. The charts and graphs you see below draw from the 2009-2013 cycle of the American Community Survey, an ongoing project of the U.S. Census Bureau. Graphs describe details about both the kinds of community to be found in a legislative district and the experiences of people who live there.
To find more information about the county, town, congressional district or state legislative district in which you live, you may access the American Community Survey through the Census Bureau’s American FactFinder web page.
Travel Time to Work in Senate District 16:
Percent of District 16 Residents who are Veterans of the U.S. Military:
Educational Attainment of the Residents of Senate District 16:
Dependency Ratio in District 16:
Dependency ratio is a demographic term that refers to the number of people who are not of typical working age (0-14 or 65+ years old) for every 100 people who are of typical working age.
Sex Ratio: Number of Males per 100 Females in Senate District 16:
Campaign Finance Data for Sen. Cyrway in the 2014 Election Cycle
(as categorized by the Maine Ethics Commission):
Source of Campaign Contributions for Sen. Cyrway: Inside or Outside his District?
Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act funds.)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Sen. Cyrway: Inside or Outside the State of Maine?
(Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act Funds)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Sen. Cyrway: What Kind of Contributor?
Incorporated Groups (Businesses, Non-Profit Organizations, Political Action Committees, Party Committees, and other unregistered political groups) directly contributing to Sen. Cyrway in the 2013-2014 election cycle: None
In The News…
Recent news stories featuring Senator Cyrway:
- Portland Press Herald: Bill to create stiff penalties for importing heroin into Maine advances
- Portland Press Herald: LePage nominee for top Guard job withdraws from consideration
- Kennebec Journal: Beyond the budget: A look at other Maine bills still in play
- Portland Press Herald: Lawmakers pass welfare reforms, drug penalties bill as session winds down
- Portland Press Herald: Legislative panel rejects Maine bill to extend ‘last call’ for alcohol to 2 a.m.
- Kennebec Journal: Zimba recognized at State House
- Portland Press Herald: Bill to switch Maine to presidential primaries moves forward
- Kennebec Journal: SAD 49 voters approve elimination of charter school funding
This information was last updated on 2016-05-07.
The Open Maine Politics website is in a beta release and results should be checked against current data at the the official website of the Maine State Legislature.