- Party: Democratic
- Senate District: 18
- Mailing Address: 206 Strafford Avenue, Rumford ME 4276
- Phone: 364-7666
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Sen. Patrick’s campaign finance report
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JohnPatrickMaineSenate
Committees of which Sen. Patrick is a member:
- LD 81: An Act To Amend the Workers’ Compensation Laws as They Pertain to Employee Representation
- LD 104: An Act To Increase Gaming Opportunities for Charitable Veterans’ Organizations
- LD 117: An Act To Require the Prevailing Wage To Be Paid on All Public Works Projects for Which State Funding Is Used
- LD 121: Resolve, Directing the Department of Professional and Financial Regulation To Conduct a Sunrise Review of the Proposal To License Certain Mechanical Trades
- LD 122: An Act To Standardize Pints of Beer Sold in Maine
- LD 188: An Act To Protect Employees from Abusive Work Environments
- LD 292: An Act To Require Hospitals To Allow Patients To Provide Their Own Medications
- LD 436: An Act To Require Providers of Short-term Lodging To Be Licensed by the State
- LD 530: An Act To Improve Public Sector Collective Bargaining Laws
- LD 983: An Act To Clarify Wine Auction Licenses
- LD 1015: An Act To Require Large Employers To Report Compensation Information
- LD 1075: An Act To Amend the Charter of the Canton Water District
- LD 1466: An Act To Exempt Certain Liquor Sales Representatives from Licensing Requirements
- LD 1482: An Act To Revise the Charter of the Rumford Water District
Bill Cosponsorship Partners
Every legislator works more often with some colleagues than with others. The following are the ten fellow legislators with whom Sen. Patrick has cosponsored legislation most often in the 127th Legislature:
- Rep. Erin Herbig: 33 bills cosponsored with Sen. Patrick.
- Rep. Paul Gilbert: 28 bills cosponsored with Sen. Patrick.
- Rep. Anne-Marie Mastraccio: 28 bills cosponsored with Sen. Patrick.
- Sen. Susan Deschambault: 26 bills cosponsored with Sen. Patrick.
- Sen. Amy Volk: 19 bills cosponsored with Sen. Patrick.
- Rep. Karleton Ward: 17 bills cosponsored with Sen. Patrick.
- Rep. Ryan Fecteau: 17 bills cosponsored with Sen. Patrick.
- Rep. Matthew Peterson: 16 bills cosponsored with Sen. Patrick.
- Sen. Andre Cushing: 16 bills cosponsored with Sen. Patrick.
- Rep. James Campbell: 15 bills cosponsored with Sen. Patrick.
District 18 in Context
Understanding the political actions of Senator Patrick in full context requires some information about the district he represents. The charts and graphs you see below draw from the 2009-2013 cycle of the American Community Survey, an ongoing project of the U.S. Census Bureau. Graphs describe details about both the kinds of community to be found in a legislative district and the experiences of people who live there.
To find more information about the county, town, congressional district or state legislative district in which you live, you may access the American Community Survey through the Census Bureau’s American FactFinder web page.
Travel Time to Work in Senate District 18:
Percent of District 18 Residents who are Veterans of the U.S. Military:
Educational Attainment of the Residents of Senate District 18:
Dependency Ratio in District 18:
Dependency ratio is a demographic term that refers to the number of people who are not of typical working age (0-14 or 65+ years old) for every 100 people who are of typical working age.
Sex Ratio: Number of Males per 100 Females in Senate District 18:
Campaign Finance Data for Sen. Patrick in the 2014 Election Cycle
(as categorized by the Maine Ethics Commission):
Source of Campaign Contributions for Sen. Patrick: Inside or Outside his District?
Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act funds.)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Sen. Patrick: Inside or Outside the State of Maine?
(Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act Funds)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Sen. Patrick: What Kind of Contributor?
Incorporated Groups (Businesses, Non-Profit Organizations, Political Action Committees, Party Committees, and other unregistered political groups) directly contributing to Sen. Patrick in the 2013-2014 election cycle: None
In The News…
Recent news stories featuring Senator Patrick:
- Portland Press Herald: Legislative committee blocks bill to expand Maine’s New Markets tax credits
- Portland Press Herald: Democrats stall vote on LePage’s pick for unemployment claims panel
- Portland Press Herald: LePage’s handwritten notes show failings in Maine’s record retention law
- Portland Press Herald: Maine business-backed $10-an-hour minimum wage bill falls short
- Portland Press Herald: Maine Democrats step up criticism of controversial tax program as reform bill dies
- Portland Press Herald: Maine Senate reappoints Judge Jeffrey Moskowitz to second term
- Portland Press Herald: Rerun of ‘right to work’ debate still sizzles in Augusta
- Kennebec Journal: Right to work bills launch hours of debate in Maine Legislature
This information was last updated on 2016-05-07.
The Open Maine Politics website is in a beta release and results should be checked against current data at the the official website of the Maine State Legislature.