Contact Information | Committees | Sponsored Bills | Bill Cosponsorship Partners | District 21 in Context | Campaign Finance Profile | In The News
- Party: Democratic
- Senate District: 21
- Mailing Address: 12 Orange Street, Lewiston ME 4240
- Phone: 713-8449
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sen. Libby’s campaign finance report
- Twitter: nate_libby
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LibbyforMaineSenate
Problem retrieving data from Twitter
Committees of which Sen. Libby is a member:
- LD 76: An Act To Amend the Property Tax Fairness Credit
- LD 78: An Act Regarding Limitations on Certain Storm Water Fees
- LD 97: Resolve, Directing the Department of Education To Amend the School Emergency Drill Rules
- LD 105: An Act To Enhance the Competitiveness of Maine’s Biomass Facilities by Exempting from Waste Handling Fees Certain Construction and Demolition Debris
- LD 297: An Act To Increase Allowed Investments under the Maine New Markets Capital Investment Program
- LD 311: An Act To Improve Attendance at Public Elementary Schools
- LD 350: An Act To Expedite MaineCare Payments for School Administrative Units
- LD 438: An Act To Authorize a General Fund Bond Issue To Invest in Maine’s Rail Infrastructure and Expand Passenger Rail Service
- LD 441: An Act To Amend the Laws Governing Local Share of Education Costs
- LD 519: An Act To Allow Telecommunications Infrastructure Investment in Development Districts for Municipalities and Plantations
- LD 646: An Act To Provide Incentives for Municipal Cooperation and Shared Services
- LD 647: An Act To Require the Department of Health and Human Services To Annually Update Its Rules Governing Services for Children with Cognitive Impairments and Functional Limitations
- LD 648: An Act To Increase the Earned Income Tax Credit for Maine Residents
- LD 649: Resolve, Directing the Department of Health and Human Services To Modify Coverage for Eyeglasses for Children under the Provisions of the MaineCare Program and Review Certain Reimbursement Rates
- LD 867: An Act To Provide Tax Fairness and To Lower Medical Expenses for Patients under the Maine Medical Use of Marijuana Act
- LD 871: An Act To Provide for Cooperation between Municipalities with Tax Increment Financing Districts
- LD 1097: An Act To Improve the Integrity of Maine’s Welfare Programs
- LD 1129: Resolve, To Support Home-based Care
- LD 1131: An Act To Create a Domestic Division within the Maine International Trade Center
- LD 1190: An Act To Amend the Androscoggin County Charter
- LD 1203: An Act To Address the Detrimental Effects of Abandoned Property
- LD 1229: Resolve, To Create a Pilot Program To Conduct Screenings for Scotopic Sensitivity Syndrome
- LD 1470: An Act To Amend Maine’s Death Certificate Disclosure Law
Bill Cosponsorship Partners
Every legislator works more often with some colleagues than with others. The following are the ten fellow legislators with whom Sen. Libby has cosponsored legislation most often in the 127th Legislature:
- Rep. Jared Golden: 21 bills cosponsored with Sen. Libby.
- Sen. Thomas Saviello: 18 bills cosponsored with Sen. Libby.
- Sen. Geoffrey Gratwick: 18 bills cosponsored with Sen. Libby.
- Sen. Roger Katz: 17 bills cosponsored with Sen. Libby.
- Sen. David Miramant: 16 bills cosponsored with Sen. Libby.
- Rep. Margaret Rotundo: 16 bills cosponsored with Sen. Libby.
- Sen. Rebecca Millett: 15 bills cosponsored with Sen. Libby.
- Sen. Christopher Johnson: 14 bills cosponsored with Sen. Libby.
- Rep. Adam Goode: 14 bills cosponsored with Sen. Libby.
- Sen. Anne Haskell: 14 bills cosponsored with Sen. Libby.
District 21 in Context
Understanding the political actions of Senator Libby in full context requires some information about the district he represents. The charts and graphs you see below draw from the 2009-2013 cycle of the American Community Survey, an ongoing project of the U.S. Census Bureau. Graphs describe details about both the kinds of community to be found in a legislative district and the experiences of people who live there.
To find more information about the county, town, congressional district or state legislative district in which you live, you may access the American Community Survey through the Census Bureau’s American FactFinder web page.
Travel Time to Work in Senate District 21:
Percent of District 21 Residents who are Veterans of the U.S. Military:
Educational Attainment of the Residents of Senate District 21:
Dependency Ratio in District 21:
Dependency ratio is a demographic term that refers to the number of people who are not of typical working age (0-14 or 65+ years old) for every 100 people who are of typical working age.
Sex Ratio: Number of Males per 100 Females in Senate District 21:
Campaign Finance Data for Sen. Libby in the 2014 Election Cycle
(as categorized by the Maine Ethics Commission):
Source of Campaign Contributions for Sen. Libby: Inside or Outside his District?
Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act funds.)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Sen. Libby: Inside or Outside the State of Maine?
(Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act Funds)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Sen. Libby: What Kind of Contributor?
Incorporated Groups (Businesses, Non-Profit Organizations, Political Action Committees, Party Committees, and other unregistered political groups) directly contributing to Sen. Libby in the 2013-2014 election cycle: None
In The News…
Recent news stories featuring Senator Libby:
- Portland Press Herald: LePage, Republicans shift tactics on eliminating Maine’s income tax
- Portland Press Herald: Maine Democrats step up criticism of controversial tax program as reform bill dies
- Portland Press Herald: LePage’s veto upheld on school attendance bill
- Portland Press Herald: Maine lawmakers approve welfare reform, drug penalty bills as session draws to a close
- Portland Press Herald: Lawmakers pass welfare reforms, drug penalties bill as session winds down
- Portland Press Herald: House passes ban on one-day loans in Maine tax-credit program
- Portland Press Herald: Ban on one-day loans in Maine tax credit program passes House
- Kennebec Journal: LePage, Republicans shift effort to eliminating income tax
This information was last updated on 2016-05-07.
The Open Maine Politics website is in a beta release and results should be checked against current data at the the official website of the Maine State Legislature.