Contact Information | Committees | Sponsored Bills | Bill Cosponsorship Partners | District 24 in Context | Campaign Finance Profile | In The News
- Party: Democratic
- Senate District: 24
- Mailing Address: 3 Federal Street, Brunswick ME 4011
- Phone: 373-1328
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Sen. Gerzofsky’s campaign finance report
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SenatorStanGerzofsky
Committees of which Sen. Gerzofsky is a member:
- Criminal Justice and Public Safety Committee
- Joint Select Committee on Joint Rules
- Government Oversight Committee
- LD 208: An Act To Provide Funding for Maintaining Cemeteries within the Maine Veterans’ Memorial Cemetery System
- LD 209: An Act To Support Research and Development at a Marine Field Station at the University of Maine at Machias
- LD 255: An Act To Preserve the Integrity of Maine’s Shellfish Industry by Increasing the Penalty for Interfering with Permitted Harvest
- LD 435: An Act To Extend the Protection of Municipal Shellfish Conservation Programs
- LD 439: An Act To Prohibit Excessive Idling of Passenger Trains
- LD 440: An Act To Create a Secure, Therapeutic Mental Health Unit
- LD 650: An Act To Amend the Brunswick Sewer District Charter
- LD 968: An Act To Expand Access to Affordable Higher Education and To Strengthen Workforce Development
- LD 1132: An Act To Invest in Maine Companies
- LD 1423: An Act To Expand Access to Workforce Development at Brunswick Landing
- LD 1480: An Act To Create and Sustain High-quality Maine Jobs
- LD 1550: An Act To Protect Shellfish Conservation Areas
- LD 1681: An Act To Clarify the Appointment Process
- LD 1692: An Act To Amend and Clarify the Laws Governing the Brunswick Naval Air Station Job Increment Financing Fund
Bill Cosponsorship Partners
Every legislator works more often with some colleagues than with others. The following are the ten fellow legislators with whom Sen. Gerzofsky has cosponsored legislation most often in the 127th Legislature:
- Sen. David Burns: 17 bills cosponsored with Sen. Gerzofsky.
- Sen. Bill Diamond: 16 bills cosponsored with Sen. Gerzofsky.
- Sen. Roger Katz: 13 bills cosponsored with Sen. Gerzofsky.
- Sen. Amy Volk: 13 bills cosponsored with Sen. Gerzofsky.
- Rep. Mark Dion: 12 bills cosponsored with Sen. Gerzofsky.
- Sen. Susan Deschambault: 11 bills cosponsored with Sen. Gerzofsky.
- Sen. David Miramant: 11 bills cosponsored with Sen. Gerzofsky.
- Sen. Nathan Libby: 11 bills cosponsored with Sen. Gerzofsky.
- Sen. Anne Haskell: 10 bills cosponsored with Sen. Gerzofsky.
- Sen. John Patrick: 10 bills cosponsored with Sen. Gerzofsky.
District 24 in Context
Understanding the political actions of Senator Gerzofsky in full context requires some information about the district he represents. The charts and graphs you see below draw from the 2009-2013 cycle of the American Community Survey, an ongoing project of the U.S. Census Bureau. Graphs describe details about both the kinds of community to be found in a legislative district and the experiences of people who live there.
To find more information about the county, town, congressional district or state legislative district in which you live, you may access the American Community Survey through the Census Bureau’s American FactFinder web page.
Travel Time to Work in Senate District 24:
Percent of District 24 Residents who are Veterans of the U.S. Military:
Educational Attainment of the Residents of Senate District 24:
Dependency Ratio in District 24:
Dependency ratio is a demographic term that refers to the number of people who are not of typical working age (0-14 or 65+ years old) for every 100 people who are of typical working age.
Sex Ratio: Number of Males per 100 Females in Senate District 24:
Campaign Finance Data for Sen. Gerzofsky in the 2014 Election Cycle
(as categorized by the Maine Ethics Commission):
Source of Campaign Contributions for Sen. Gerzofsky: Inside or Outside his District?
Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act funds.)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Sen. Gerzofsky: Inside or Outside the State of Maine?
(Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act Funds)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Sen. Gerzofsky: What Kind of Contributor?
Incorporated Groups (Businesses, Non-Profit Organizations, Political Action Committees, Party Committees, and other unregistered political groups) directly contributing to Sen. Gerzofsky in the 2013-2014 election cycle: None
In The News…
Recent news stories featuring Senator Gerzofsky:
- Portland Press Herald: Downeaster layover facility in Brunswick wins tentative approval
- Portland Press Herald: Maine Senate quietly approves bill backing gun rights of subsidized tenants
- Portland Press Herald: Clinton rallies Maine supporters on presidential campaign swing
- Portland Press Herald: Maine legislative committee opposes concealed-gun bill in party-line vote
- Portland Press Herald: Lawmakers pass bill that aims to bring big business to Maine
- Portland Press Herald: Train layover facility in Brunswick nearly over final hurdle
- Portland Press Herald: Maine Senate votes for permit-free concealed handguns
- Portland Press Herald: Maine committee opposes concealed gun bill in party-line vote
This information was last updated on 2016-05-07.
The Open Maine Politics website is in a beta release and results should be checked against current data at the the official website of the Maine State Legislature.