Contact Information | Committees | Sponsored Bills | Bill Cosponsorship Partners | District 30 in Context | Campaign Finance Profile | In The News
- Party: Republican
- Senate District: 30
- Mailing Address: 4 Elbridge Oliver Way, Scarborough ME 4074
- Phone: 883-1963
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sen. Volk’s campaign finance report
- Twitter: mom4volks
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mom4volks
I’ve worked hard to represent the hard working citizens of Gorham,Scarborough&Buxton while staying true to my own values. I also strive hard to maintain good relationships with my colleagues, earning their respect. Please consider supporting my campaign: secure.anedot.com/amy-volk-fo…
Committees of which Sen. Volk is a member:
- LD 187: Resolve, To Expand Dental Care in the State by Extending the Pilot Program for Dental Hygienists
- LD 194: An Act To Authorize a General Fund Bond Issue To Encourage Access to Workforce Training and Job Creation
- LD 310: An Act To Prevent Organized Retail Crime
- LD 442: An Act To Clarify Municipal Capacity for Site Location of Development and Encourage Local Development
- LD 651: An Act To Amend Maine’s Sex Trafficking and Prostitution Law
- LD 690: An Act To Ensure the Safety of Home Birth
- LD 691: An Act To Allow Sunday Hunting for Coyotes in Northern Maine
- LD 736: An Act To Require Destruction of Certain Medical Records and Allow Access to Certain Death Records
- LD 820: An Act To Amend and Clarify Certain Notice and Assessment Provisions of the Maine Condominium Act
- LD 918: An Act To Allow Licensed Independent Practice Dental Hygienists To Expose and Process Radiographs under Protocols Developed by the Board of Dental Examiners
- LD 1012: RESOLUTION, Proposing an Amendment to the Constitution of Maine To Increase the Length of Terms of Senators
- LD 1072: An Act To Encourage Maine’s Economic Competitiveness
- LD 1115: An Act To Make the State’s Standard for Lead Exposure in Children Consistent with the Federal Standard
- LD 1134: An Act To Require the Department of Health and Human Services To Distribute Information Regarding Down Syndrome to Providers of Prenatal and Postnatal Care and to Genetic Counselors
- LD 1139: An Act To Provide for the 2015 and 2016 Allocations of the State Ceiling on Private Activity Bonds
- LD 1140: An Act To Promote Economic Development
- LD 1199: An Act To Clarify the Laws Governing the Bureau of Rehabilitation Services
- LD 1271: An Act To Protect Patients Who Need Eye Care
- LD 1301: An Act To Improve the Safety of Vulnerable Users in Traffic and To Clarify the Responsibilities of Bicyclists and Pedestrians
- LD 1360: An Act To Increase the Number of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Professionals in Maine
- LD 1371: An Act To Encourage Greater Efficiency in the Unemployment Insurance System
- LD 1388: An Act To Clarify the Used Car Information Laws
- LD 1474: An Act To Provide for the 2016 and 2017 Allocations of the State Ceiling on Private Activity Bonds
- LD 1531: An Act To Protect Victims of Human Trafficking
- LD 1668: An Act To Facilitate Internal Hiring by Reforming the Use of Registers in the State Civil Service System
- LD 1686: An Act To Amend the Finance Authority of Maine Act
Bill Cosponsorship Partners
Every legislator works more often with some colleagues than with others. The following are the ten fellow legislators with whom Sen. Volk has cosponsored legislation most often in the 127th Legislature:
- Sen. Andre Cushing: 30 bills cosponsored with Sen. Volk.
- Rep. Karleton Ward: 23 bills cosponsored with Sen. Volk.
- Sen. John Patrick: 19 bills cosponsored with Sen. Volk.
- Rep. Erin Herbig: 18 bills cosponsored with Sen. Volk.
- Rep. Susan Austin: 17 bills cosponsored with Sen. Volk.
- Sen. Garrett Mason: 15 bills cosponsored with Sen. Volk.
- Sen. Roger Katz: 15 bills cosponsored with Sen. Volk.
- Rep. Lawrence Lockman: 14 bills cosponsored with Sen. Volk.
- Sen. Stanley Gerzofsky: 13 bills cosponsored with Sen. Volk.
- Rep. Anne-Marie Mastraccio: 11 bills cosponsored with Sen. Volk.
District 30 in Context
Understanding the political actions of Senator Volk in full context requires some information about the district she represents. The charts and graphs you see below draw from the 2009-2013 cycle of the American Community Survey, an ongoing project of the U.S. Census Bureau. Graphs describe details about both the kinds of community to be found in a legislative district and the experiences of people who live there.
To find more information about the county, town, congressional district or state legislative district in which you live, you may access the American Community Survey through the Census Bureau’s American FactFinder web page.
Travel Time to Work in Senate District 30:
Percent of District 30 Residents who are Veterans of the U.S. Military:
Educational Attainment of the Residents of Senate District 30:
Dependency Ratio in District 30:
Dependency ratio is a demographic term that refers to the number of people who are not of typical working age (0-14 or 65+ years old) for every 100 people who are of typical working age.
Sex Ratio: Number of Males per 100 Females in Senate District 30:
Campaign Finance Data for Sen. Volk in the 2014 Election Cycle
(as categorized by the Maine Ethics Commission):
Source of Campaign Contributions for Sen. Volk: Inside or Outside her District?
Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act funds.)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Sen. Volk: Inside or Outside the State of Maine?
(Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act Funds)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Sen. Volk: What Kind of Contributor?
Incorporated Groups (Businesses, Non-Profit Organizations, Political Action Committees, Party Committees, and other unregistered political groups) directly contributing to Sen. Volk in the 2013-2014 election cycle:
- American Chemistry Council
- AROOSTOOK BEVERAGE COMPANY
- ASSOCIATED BUILDERS AND CONTRACTORS OF MAINE PAC
- B.J. Alan Company
- BAYLEY’S LOBSTER POUND INC.
- BURNT JACKET LLC
- CHARTING MAINE’S FUTURE
- Cianbro Corporation
- DIRECT ALTERNATIVES
- DYLAN’S HEALTHY VENDING LLC
- Express Scripts
- FEDERAL DISTRIBUTORS INC
- FWP REALTY COMPANY LLC
- Gorham Sand & Gravel
- INTERNATIONAL FRANCHISE ASSOCIATION
- DIRIGO PAC
- Maine Automobile Dealers Association
- MAINE BANKERS ASSOCIATION
- MAINE DENTAL PAC
- Maine Distributors
- MAINE INNKEEPERS ASSOCIATION
- MAINE INSURANCE AGENTS
- MAINE INSURANCE AGENTS ASSOCIATION
- MAINE OPTOMETRIC ASSOCIATION
- MAINE SOCIETY OF ANESTHESIOLOGISTS
- MAINELY WIRELESS SALES AND SERVICE
- MAINELY WRAPS
- MANUFACTURED HOUSING ASOSCIATION OF MAINE
- MARC MOTORS
- MICHAUD DISTRIBUTORS
- Nappi Distributors
- National Distributors
- NFIB-MAINE SAFE TRUST
- OCEAN VIEW PROPERTY ASSOCIATES
- CAPITAL LEADERSHIP PAC
- PERFECT FIT
- Property Casualty Insurers Association of America
- REYNOLDS MOTORSPORTS
- Rite Aid
- Scarborough Downs
- SCARBOROUGH NEUROLOGICAL CENTER
- SERVICE CORPORATION INTERNATIONAL
- Spectrum Medical Group
- STATE MANUFACTURED HOMES INC
- TEXAS INSTRUMENTS INCORPORATED
- THE BERNSTEIN SHUR GROUP
- THE WAVERLY GROUP
- VALLEY DISTRIBUTORS INC.
- VILLAGE CAR COMPANY
- VOLK CREATIVE ARTS
- VOLK PACKAGING CORPORATION
- LEADERSHIP FOR MAINE’S FUTURE
- MAINE LOBSTER PAC
- Maine Senate Republican Majority
- MAINE TRUCK PAC
- NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF INSURANCE AND FINANCIAL ADVISERS PAC
- Paving The Way For A Prosperous Maine
- REPUBLICAN MAJORITY FUND
- RESPECT MAINE
- RETAIL MAINE PAC
- SOUND SCIENCE FOR MAINE PAC
- VALUE VOTERS PAC
In The News…
Recent news stories featuring Senator Volk:
- Kennebec Journal: OUR OPINION: DHHS rules on immigrant aid run contrary to new law
- Portland Press Herald: Maine considers bill to ensure safety of home births
- Portland Press Herald: List of bills awaiting action by Gov. Paul LePage
- Kennebec Journal: Too often, arsenic taints drinking water
- Portland Press Herald: Maine legislators press LePage administration for plan to increase testing for arsenic
- Kennebec Journal: OUR OPINION: Patients deserve access to less-addictive drugs
- Portland Press Herald: Maine Democrats step up criticism of controversial tax program as reform bill dies
- Portland Press Herald: Crowded lane: As more cyclists take to the roads, tension grows
This information was last updated on 2016-05-07.
The Open Maine Politics website is in a beta release and results should be checked against current data at the the official website of the Maine State Legislature.