Contact Information | Committees | Sponsored Bills | Bill Cosponsorship Partners | District 31 in Context | Campaign Finance Profile | In The News
- Party: Democratic
- Senate District: 31
- Mailing Address: PO Box 1049, Saco ME 4072
- Phone: 205-0077
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Sen. Valentino’s campaign finance report
- Twitter: votevalentino
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/senatorvalentino
Problem retrieving data from Twitter
Committees of which Sen. Valentino is a member:
- LD 210: An Act To Provide for Special Restrictions on Dissemination and Use of Criminal History Record Information for Class E Crimes Committed by an Adult under 21 Years of Age
- LD 262: Resolve, Directing the Department of Transportation and the Maine Turnpike Authority To Erect Highway Signs for Thornton Academy
- LD 377: An Act To Continue the Visual and Digital Media Loan Program and the Visual and Digital Media Loan Fund
- LD 455: An Act To Prohibit Deceptive Practices Regarding Unsolicited Loans
- LD 594: An Act To Allow the Creation of a Local Option Sales Tax by Referendum
- LD 735: An Act To Establish a Voluntary Preforeclosure Mediation Program
- LD 1121: An Act To Fund the Cold Case Homicide Unit in the Department of the Attorney General
- LD 1283: An Act To Stimulate Economic Development and Create Jobs by Amending the Laws Governing Gaming
- LD 1528: An Act To Modernize and Consolidate Court Facilities
- LD 1605: An Act To Extend the Time for Commencing an Action Relating to Death Caused by Homicide
Bill Cosponsorship Partners
Every legislator works more often with some colleagues than with others. The following are the ten fellow legislators with whom Sen. Valentino has cosponsored legislation most often in the 127th Legislature:
- Rep. Justin Chenette: 20 bills cosponsored with Sen. Valentino.
- Sen. Bill Diamond: 13 bills cosponsored with Sen. Valentino.
- Sen. Roger Katz: 12 bills cosponsored with Sen. Valentino.
- Sen. Susan Deschambault: 12 bills cosponsored with Sen. Valentino.
- Sen. John Patrick: 11 bills cosponsored with Sen. Valentino.
- Rep. Diane Russell: 10 bills cosponsored with Sen. Valentino.
- Rep. Barry Hobbins: 10 bills cosponsored with Sen. Valentino.
- Sen. Nathan Libby: 9 bills cosponsored with Sen. Valentino.
- Rep. Erik Jorgensen: 8 bills cosponsored with Sen. Valentino.
- Sen. David Burns: 8 bills cosponsored with Sen. Valentino.
District 31 in Context
Understanding the political actions of Senator Valentino in full context requires some information about the district she represents. The charts and graphs you see below draw from the 2009-2013 cycle of the American Community Survey, an ongoing project of the U.S. Census Bureau. Graphs describe details about both the kinds of community to be found in a legislative district and the experiences of people who live there.
To find more information about the county, town, congressional district or state legislative district in which you live, you may access the American Community Survey through the Census Bureau’s American FactFinder web page.
Travel Time to Work in Senate District 31:
Percent of District 31 Residents who are Veterans of the U.S. Military:
Educational Attainment of the Residents of Senate District 31:
Dependency Ratio in District 31:
Dependency ratio is a demographic term that refers to the number of people who are not of typical working age (0-14 or 65+ years old) for every 100 people who are of typical working age.
Sex Ratio: Number of Males per 100 Females in Senate District 31:
Campaign Finance Data for Sen. Valentino in the 2014 Election Cycle
(as categorized by the Maine Ethics Commission):
Source of Campaign Contributions for Sen. Valentino: Inside or Outside her District?
Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act funds.)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Sen. Valentino: Inside or Outside the State of Maine?
(Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act Funds)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Sen. Valentino: What Kind of Contributor?
Incorporated Groups (Businesses, Non-Profit Organizations, Political Action Committees, Party Committees, and other unregistered political groups) directly contributing to Sen. Valentino in the 2013-2014 election cycle: None
In The News…
Recent news stories featuring Senator Valentino:
- Portland Press Herald: List of bills awaiting action by Gov. Paul LePage
- Portland Press Herald: State’s law enforcement agencies make case for better pay
- Portland Press Herald: Maine bill would give families of homicide victims more time to sue
- Portland Press Herald: LePage says more agents needed to fight drug epidemic or ‘you’re going to see more dead people’
- Portland Press Herald: Maine lawmakers hear $95 million proposal to build three new court complexes
- Portland Press Herald: Shaw’s Supermarket in Saco reopens after fatal stabbing
- Portland Press Herald: LePage requests more drug agents, repeats vow to call up National Guard
- Portland Press Herald: Hundreds in Saco celebrate the caring, joyful life of Wendy Boudreau
This information was last updated on 2016-05-07.
The Open Maine Politics website is in a beta release and results should be checked against current data at the the official website of the Maine State Legislature.