- Party: Republican
- Senate District: 7
- Mailing Address: 11 South Street, Ellsworth ME 4605
- Phone: 667-0625
- E-mail: Brian.Langley@legislature.maine.gov
- Sen. Langley’s campaign finance report
- Twitter: BrianDLangley
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BrianDLangley
Problem retrieving data from Twitter
Committees of which Sen. Langley is a member:
- LD 98: An Act Amending the Trap Limit for the Swans Island Lobster Conservation Area
- LD 217: An Act To Authorize a General Fund Bond Issue for Development of a Multimodal Transportation Facility
- LD 428: An Act To Amend the Powers and Duties of the State Board of Education
- LD 645: An Act To Create a Transportation Planning Incentive for Communities Located on Peninsulas
- LD 782: An Act To Improve the Quality of Life of Persons with Serious Illnesses
- LD 856: An Act To Amend the Competitive Skills Scholarship Program To Allow for Participation in Early College and Career and Technical Education Programs
- LD 959: An Act To Amend the Membership of the Maine Outdoor Heritage Fund Board
- LD 1038: An Act To Amend the Emergency Rule-making Authority of the Department of Marine Resources
- LD 1042: Resolve, To Create the Task Force on School Leadership
- LD 1135: An Act Regarding the Requirements for Sprinkler Systems in Townhouses
- LD 1230: An Act To Create a Digital Portal for Education
- LD 1231: An Act To Create the Southwest Harbor Water and Sewer District
- LD 1376: An Act To Establish a Local Food Producers and Processors to Consumers Pilot Program
- LD 1406: An Act To Implement the Recommendations of the Commission To Study College Affordability and College Completion
- LD 1441: An Act To Establish the Public Higher Education Systems Coordinating Committee
- LD 1442: An Act To Establish a Bag Limit for Brook Trout on Portions of Webster Stream in Piscataquis County
- LD 1443: An Act To Merge the Maine Educational Loan Authority with the Finance Authority of Maine
- LD 1479: An Act To Create Improved Consumer Protection against Long-term Care Insurance Premium Rate Increases
- LD 1604: An Act To Replace a Statue in the National Statuary Hall Collection
- LD 1627: An Act To Implement Certain Recommendations of the Maine Proficiency Education Council
- LD 1684: An Act To Implement Certain Recommendations of the Task Force on School Leadership
Bill Cosponsorship Partners
Every legislator works more often with some colleagues than with others. The following are the ten fellow legislators with whom Sen. Langley has cosponsored legislation most often in the 127th Legislature:
- Rep. Joyce Maker: 30 bills cosponsored with Sen. Langley.
- Rep. Brian Hubbell: 28 bills cosponsored with Sen. Langley.
- Sen. Roger Katz: 27 bills cosponsored with Sen. Langley.
- Sen. Thomas Saviello: 20 bills cosponsored with Sen. Langley.
- Sen. Rebecca Millett: 19 bills cosponsored with Sen. Langley.
- Sen. Andre Cushing: 15 bills cosponsored with Sen. Langley.
- Sen. Ronald Collins: 15 bills cosponsored with Sen. Langley.
- Sen. Rodney Whittemore: 14 bills cosponsored with Sen. Langley.
- Rep. Matthew Pouliot: 14 bills cosponsored with Sen. Langley.
- Sen. David Burns: 14 bills cosponsored with Sen. Langley.
District 7 in Context
Understanding the political actions of Senator Langley in full context requires some information about the district he represents. The charts and graphs you see below draw from the 2009-2013 cycle of the American Community Survey, an ongoing project of the U.S. Census Bureau. Graphs describe details about both the kinds of community to be found in a legislative district and the experiences of people who live there.
To find more information about the county, town, congressional district or state legislative district in which you live, you may access the American Community Survey through the Census Bureau’s American FactFinder web page.
Travel Time to Work in Senate District 7:
Percent of District 7 Residents who are Veterans of the U.S. Military:
Educational Attainment of the Residents of Senate District 7:
Dependency Ratio in District 7:
Dependency ratio is a demographic term that refers to the number of people who are not of typical working age (0-14 or 65+ years old) for every 100 people who are of typical working age.
Sex Ratio: Number of Males per 100 Females in Senate District 7:
Campaign Finance Data for Sen. Langley in the 2014 Election Cycle
(as categorized by the Maine Ethics Commission):
Source of Campaign Contributions for Sen. Langley: Inside or Outside his District?
Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act funds.)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Sen. Langley: Inside or Outside the State of Maine?
(Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act Funds)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Sen. Langley: What Kind of Contributor?
Incorporated Groups (Businesses, Non-Profit Organizations, Political Action Committees, Party Committees, and other unregistered political groups) directly contributing to Sen. Langley in the 2013-2014 election cycle:
- ACADIA BROCHURE COMPANY
- AROOSTOOK BEVERAGE COMPANY
- ASSOCIATED BUILDERS AND CONTRACTORS OF MAINE PAC
- ATLANTIC BREWING COMPANY
- AUDIOLOGY CENTER OF MAINE LLC
- BROWN APPLIANCE AND MATTRESS INC.
- CARTER’S LOBSTERS
- CHARTING MAINE’S FUTURE
- Cianbro Corporation
- CLIFFORD CONSTRUCTION
- DOBBS PRODUCTIONS INC
- DOYLE & NELSON LAW OFFICES
- EASTERN MAINE MUSSEL COMPANY
- FEDERAL DISTRIBUTORS INC
- GARBO LOBSTER COMPANY INC.
- GREENHEAD LOBSTER LLC
- HOLBROOK HOUSE INC.
- Howe Cahill & Company
- DIRIGO PAC
- LogistiCare Solutions LLC
- Maine Association of Realtors
- Maine Automobile Dealers Association
- MAINE BANKERS ASSOCIATION
- Maine Credit Union League
- MAINE DENTAL PAC
- Maine Distributors
- MAINE INSURANCE AGENTS
- MAINE INSURANCE AGENTS ASSOCIATION
- MARC L. HOROWITZ – MLH LLC
- MERRILL & HINCKLEY INC.
- Nappi Distributors
- National Distributors
- National Rifle Association
- OPEN HEARTH INN
- CAPITAL LEADERSHIP PAC
- P.D.Q. DOOR CO. INC
- Pierce Atwood Attorneys
- PROSPECT HOLDINGS LLC
- RESTAURANTEURS FOR A STRONG MAINE ECONOMY
- ROCKY COAST
- Spectrum Medical Group
- STANLEY SUBARU
- VALLEY DISTRIBUTORS INC.
- Verrill Dana LLP
- WALGREENS COMPANY
- HANCOCK COUNTY REPUBLICAN WOMEN’S CLUB
- LEADERSHIP FOR MAINE’S FUTURE
- MAINE EYE PAC
- Maine Senate Republican Majority
- MOVE MAINE AHEAD PAC
- NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF INSURANCE AND FINANCIAL ADVISERS PAC
- National Federation of Independent Business
- Paving The Way For A Prosperous Maine
- RESPECT MAINE
In The News…
Recent news stories featuring Senator Langley:
- Portland Press Herald: Lawmakers eye options for virtual education
- Portland Press Herald: Panel rejects plan to have state education officials write drug prevention policy for schools
- Kennebec Journal: Bills propose variety of virtual education offerings
- Portland Press Herald: Legislative committee votes to relax new graduation standards
- Portland Press Herald: Maine’s acting education commissioner reverses creationism comment
- Portland Press Herald: List of bills awaiting action by Gov. Paul LePage
- Portland Press Herald: Legislative committee votes to phase in new graduation standards
- Kennebec Journal: Republicans and conservation — not the partnership it used to be
This information was last updated on 2016-05-07.
The Open Maine Politics website is in a beta release and results should be checked against current data at the the official website of the Maine State Legislature.