Contact Information | Committees | Sponsored Bills | Bill Cosponsorship Partners | District 8 in Context | Campaign Finance Profile | In The News
- Party: Republican
- Senate District: 8
- Mailing Address: PO Box 877, Bucksport ME 4416
- Phone: 469-3779
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Sen. Rosen’s campaign finance report
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kim-Rosen-for-State-Senate/143312709172821
Committees of which Sen. Rosen is a member:
- LD 196: An Act To Ensure the Safety of Stationary Public Utility Emergency Service Vehicles
- LD 289: An Act To Amend the Health Plan Improvement Law Regarding Prescription Drug Step Therapy
- LD 688: An Act To Amend the Laws Related to the Bolduc Correctional Facility
- LD 689: An Act To Support Maine’s Tourism Marketing Promotion Program by Eliminating the Sales Tax Exemption for Casual Rentals for Fewer Than 15 Days a Year
- LD 737: An Act To Amend the Laws Regarding Learner’s Permits and Intermediate Licenses
- LD 743: An Act To Protect the Environment and Assist Municipalities with the Recycling, Reuse and Processing of Solid Waste
- LD 1017: An Act To Update Maine’s Family Law
- LD 1246: An Act To Strengthen Laws Regarding the Manufacture and Sale of Methamphetamine and Other Drugs
- LD 1389: An Act To Conform Maine Law to Federal Law Regarding Closings and Mass Layoffs and To Strengthen Employee Severance Pay Protections
- LD 1440: An Act To Amend the Laws Regarding the Department of Corrections
- LD 1447: An Act To Authorize Increased Borrowing by the Maine Governmental Facilities Authority To Support the Maine Correctional Center in South Windham
- LD 1529: An Act Regarding the Application Fees and Inspection Fees Associated with the Provision of Amusement Rides
- LD 1532: An Act To Clarify Financial Responsibility in Gestational Carrier Agreements
- LD 1554: An Act To Resolve Inconsistencies in the Drug Laws
- LD 1614: Resolve, To Provide Funding for the County Jail Operations Fund
- LD 1628: An Act To Strengthen the Laws on Operating a Motor Vehicle under the Influence of Intoxicants
- LD 1640: An Act To Provide Emergency Repair Funding for the Restoration of the Official State Vessel, the Schooner Bowdoin
- LD 1674: An Act To Create Community Substance Abuse Programs
Bill Cosponsorship Partners
Every legislator works more often with some colleagues than with others. The following are the ten fellow legislators with whom Sen. Rosen has cosponsored legislation most often in the 127th Legislature:
- Sen. David Burns: 25 bills cosponsored with Sen. Rosen.
- Sen. Ronald Collins: 19 bills cosponsored with Sen. Rosen.
- Sen. Bill Diamond: 16 bills cosponsored with Sen. Rosen.
- Sen. Andre Cushing: 12 bills cosponsored with Sen. Rosen.
- Sen. Roger Katz: 12 bills cosponsored with Sen. Rosen.
- Rep. Joyce Maker: 11 bills cosponsored with Sen. Rosen.
- Sen. Paul Davis: 11 bills cosponsored with Sen. Rosen.
- Rep. Lori Fowle: 10 bills cosponsored with Sen. Rosen.
- Rep. Richard Campbell: 10 bills cosponsored with Sen. Rosen.
- Sen. Garrett Mason: 10 bills cosponsored with Sen. Rosen.
District 8 in Context
Understanding the political actions of Senator Rosen in full context requires some information about the district she represents. The charts and graphs you see below draw from the 2009-2013 cycle of the American Community Survey, an ongoing project of the U.S. Census Bureau. Graphs describe details about both the kinds of community to be found in a legislative district and the experiences of people who live there.
To find more information about the county, town, congressional district or state legislative district in which you live, you may access the American Community Survey through the Census Bureau’s American FactFinder web page.
Travel Time to Work in Senate District 8:
Percent of District 8 Residents who are Veterans of the U.S. Military:
Educational Attainment of the Residents of Senate District 8:
Dependency Ratio in District 8:
Dependency ratio is a demographic term that refers to the number of people who are not of typical working age (0-14 or 65+ years old) for every 100 people who are of typical working age.
Sex Ratio: Number of Males per 100 Females in Senate District 8:
Campaign Finance Data for Sen. Rosen in the 2014 Election Cycle
(as categorized by the Maine Ethics Commission):
Source of Campaign Contributions for Sen. Rosen: Inside or Outside her District?
Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act funds.)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Sen. Rosen: Inside or Outside the State of Maine?
(Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act Funds)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Sen. Rosen: What Kind of Contributor?
Incorporated Groups (Businesses, Non-Profit Organizations, Political Action Committees, Party Committees, and other unregistered political groups) directly contributing to Sen. Rosen in the 2013-2014 election cycle: None
In The News…
Recent news stories featuring Senator Rosen:
- Kennebec Journal: Kennebec County delays budget because of jail uncertainty
- Kennebec Journal: Legislators work together to override LePage veto
This information was last updated on 2016-05-07.
The Open Maine Politics website is in a beta release and results should be checked against current data at the the official website of the Maine State Legislature.