- Party: Democratic
- Senate District: 9
- Mailing Address: 1230 Kenduskeag Avenue, Bangor ME 4401
- Phone: 947-0637
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sen. Gratwick’s campaign finance report
- Twitter: SenatorGeoff
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GratwickForSenate
Problem retrieving data from Twitter
Committees of which Sen. Gratwick is a member:
- LD 12: An Act To Limit the Liability of Landowners Who Allow Recreational Climbing on Their Land
- LD 13: An Act To Provide an Exemption from Sales Tax and Service Provider Tax to Nonprofit Collaboratives of Libraries
- LD 75: Resolve, To Strengthen Health Care Services for Maine Residents Affected by Neurodegenerative Diseases
- LD 123: An Act To Reduce Youth Cancer Risk
- LD 124: An Act To Require Payment by a Carrier for Health Care Services Provided to Enrollees of the Carrier
- LD 211: An Act To Authorize a General Fund Bond Issue To Prepare Maine To Respond to a Disease Outbreak
- LD 213: An Act To Ensure the Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Educational and Behavioral Assessment of Children Entering State Custody
- LD 251: An Act To Limit Allowable Health Care Charges in Certain Specified Situations
- LD 383: An Act Requiring Corporations To Have Approval from a Majority of Their Shareholders before Making Political Contributions Valued at Greater Than $5,000
- LD 384: Resolve, To Study the Design and Implementation of Options for a Universal Health Care Plan in the State That Is in Compliance with the Federal Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
- LD 521: An Act To Amend the Health Care Practitioner Transparency Requirements
- LD 523: An Act To Amend the Laws Regarding the Sale of Liquor
- LD 524: An Act To Start a Pilot Program for Medical Substitution Treatment in a Local Community Setting
- LD 812: An Act To Prevent Drug Overdose Deaths by Enhancing Access to Opioid Antagonists
- LD 813: An Act To Ensure That Hospitals Comply with the Laws Governing Transparency of Medical Billing
- LD 815: An Act To Establish a Unified-payor, Universal Health Care System
- LD 1242: An Act To Protect Maine Consumers from Medical Identity Theft
- LD 1352: An Act To Facilitate the Delivery of Health Care Services through Telemedicine and Telehealth
Bill Cosponsorship Partners
Every legislator works more often with some colleagues than with others. The following are the ten fellow legislators with whom Sen. Gratwick has cosponsored legislation most often in the 127th Legislature:
- Sen. James Dill: 23 bills cosponsored with Sen. Gratwick.
- Sen. Nathan Libby: 18 bills cosponsored with Sen. Gratwick.
- Sen. David Miramant: 17 bills cosponsored with Sen. Gratwick.
- Sen. Justin Alfond: 16 bills cosponsored with Sen. Gratwick.
- Rep. Linda Sanborn: 14 bills cosponsored with Sen. Gratwick.
- Sen. Susan Deschambault: 13 bills cosponsored with Sen. Gratwick.
- Sen. Christopher Johnson: 12 bills cosponsored with Sen. Gratwick.
- Sen. Anne Haskell: 11 bills cosponsored with Sen. Gratwick.
- Sen. Rebecca Millett: 11 bills cosponsored with Sen. Gratwick.
- Rep. Henry Beck: 10 bills cosponsored with Sen. Gratwick.
District 9 in Context
Understanding the political actions of Senator Gratwick in full context requires some information about the district he represents. The charts and graphs you see below draw from the 2009-2013 cycle of the American Community Survey, an ongoing project of the U.S. Census Bureau. Graphs describe details about both the kinds of community to be found in a legislative district and the experiences of people who live there.
To find more information about the county, town, congressional district or state legislative district in which you live, you may access the American Community Survey through the Census Bureau’s American FactFinder web page.
Travel Time to Work in Senate District 9:
Percent of District 9 Residents who are Veterans of the U.S. Military:
Educational Attainment of the Residents of Senate District 9:
Dependency Ratio in District 9:
Dependency ratio is a demographic term that refers to the number of people who are not of typical working age (0-14 or 65+ years old) for every 100 people who are of typical working age.
Sex Ratio: Number of Males per 100 Females in Senate District 9:
Campaign Finance Data for Sen. Gratwick in the 2014 Election Cycle
(as categorized by the Maine Ethics Commission):
Source of Campaign Contributions for Sen. Gratwick: Inside or Outside his District?
Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act funds.)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Sen. Gratwick: Inside or Outside the State of Maine?
(Includes all contributions for which addresses are provided. Does not include Maine Clean Elections Act Funds)
Source of Campaign Contributions for Sen. Gratwick: What Kind of Contributor?
Incorporated Groups (Businesses, Non-Profit Organizations, Political Action Committees, Party Committees, and other unregistered political groups) directly contributing to Sen. Gratwick in the 2013-2014 election cycle: None
In The News…
Recent news stories featuring Senator Gratwick:
- Portland Press Herald: Maine ‘right-to-die’ bill may hinge on single senator’s reversal
- Kennebec Journal: Maine Supreme Judicial Court to hear three appellate cases at Mt. Blue High School
This information was last updated on 2016-05-07.
The Open Maine Politics website is in a beta release and results should be checked against current data at the the official website of the Maine State Legislature.